It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2005, 01:55 AM   #1
(male)

ramun HB User
How does a normal vagina react to semen?

Hi everyone. I have been plagued with this question for quite a while because I have not had more than two partners, thus my experience is very minimal. It is also a question many find very personal and subsequently renders my asking unfavourable. My "problem", if it is one at all, is that when I ejaculate into my partner's vagina, it changes the vaginal environment to the point where when I perform oral sex, it is very acidic and quite out of the ordinary (as opposed to if I never ejaculate into her). Her mucous thickens, becomes coloured and this symptomology presents itself for 2-3 weeks post intravaginal ejaculation. The first question is how does a typical vagina react to semen?

Another thing is that my semen stings her vagina...does this happen to anyone else? (it used to do the exact same thing to my other partner...I dont feel normal).

My semen never stays inside her...is this normal?

I without fail develop thrush infections on my penis (it has been verified by a doctor) if I dont clean myself stringently after sex....does anyone else experience this?

Bearing all the questions I have, I wonder if these problems are normal?

Sorry to unleash all these questions but I am in need of answers to satisfy my curiosity.

Thanks to everyone in advance.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-22-2005 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Questions regarding sexual practices are not allowed. Please read the Special Rules sticky at the top of the board. Thanks.

Old 02-22-2005, 04:56 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: How does a normal vagina react to semen?

Sounds like your semen is just very acidic, that would cause the stinging. However, the long term effect is something I've never heard of before. Rarely does all of the semen stay inside the vagina and "leakage" is certainly an issue. Gotta tell you...I ejaculate inside my wife everytime...that's why I'm there! Others may respond differently though and alot of it depends on you and your spouse and your relationship. If not ejaculating inside of her would help, then by all means figure out another way to get the end result without the related "issues" you both experience. No problem about asking questions man, that's why we're here. Hope some of this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2005, 08:53 AM   #3
(male)

MTurbo HB User
Hi I dont think it is normal for a woman to have those kinds of reaction especially symptoms for 2 to 3 weeks.

Maybe you or her have a infection and I suggest that you both get checked out.

I also love the act of ejaculating inside my wife and the next night when we have sex and I give her oral there is no different taste or scent.

I have never encountered any thrush infections. I know if they say that you are not circumcised you can get infection easy if you dont clean properly when taking a shower.

Maybe vaginal and semen liquids gets caught in the extra skin ? I don't know as I got the C.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-22-2005 at 03:47 PM. Reason: please use proper terminology.

Old 02-22-2005, 09:13 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

Quote:
Her mucous thickens, becomes coloured and this symptomology presents itself for 2-3 weeks post intravaginal ejaculation.
This is not normal, MAYBE a day or two, but definitely not weeks. I agree that both of you should get this checked out by a doc. You might have an infection (such as yeast) that you are passing back and forth, or something else might be wrong. Best to have it looked at to be sure.

As for the stringiness and "leakage" you describe, these are both normal. Haven't you ever heard jokes about the "wet spot" on the bed after sex? Not all of your seminal fluid can stay inside of her (where would it go?), certainly some does (that is how pregnancy happens), but not all of it. And keep in mind that the discharge you describe also contains vaginal fluids.

Good luck.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2005 at 08:53 AM.

Old 02-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #5

ana_27 HB User

I've wondered about this myself. When my boyfriend ejaculates inside of me, the next day there is a smell. It usually fades after a day or two so I always wonder whether it is a reaction inside my vagina caused by the mixture of his semen and my vaginal fluids or is it that his semen starts to smell after being out of his system? Hm.. weird way of explaining it but hopefully everyone will understand. I know the douching is not healthy but I wonder if there's is any other way to avoid that after smell. We don't use condoms and never will. We're in a longer term relationship and definitely exclusive.

Old 02-22-2005, 12:29 PM   #6
(male)

MTurbo HB User

Ana there should be no real scent that last a few days.

I am wondering maybe you have a infection Bacteria Vaginosis (BV).

Old 02-22-2005, 01:42 PM   #7
(male)

ramun HB User
Thanks for your help guys. I have been to doctor to have infections/STDs checked out. Everything is clear. In terms of asking those questions I posted, I forgot to ask the doc as I was so happy I was clear of all disease (I was getting paranoid because nothing I could find explained what was happening and so I thought it must be through infection, etc..).

Yeah, Im not C'd. In fact this was the only option offered by my doctor to cure these dam thrush infections...but Ive grown close to my skin! Can you guys who are C'd go without cleaning yourselves after sex with no probs?

Semen does have a fishy scent once it has been released from the penis after a few minutes (it begins to break down immediately following ejaculation due to the content of certain enzymes). So, Anna, I think what you are experiencing is normal. Get checked out just for safety but I think its normal. Get you BF not to ejaculate in you for a week or so and then see if the smell is still there after you have sex. Prob wont be. Sperm stinks!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-23-2005 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Please use proper terminology.

Old 02-22-2005, 07:40 PM   #8
(male)

MTurbo HB User
geem I am glad that you are clean and clear. I am C and I don't have to wash myself after sex each time.

I know if you don't have the C stuff can get trapped under that skin causing a infection on yourself or your partner.

Most of the time it's the woman that has the BV and one of the symptoms is a fishy smell right after sex if the male has ejac in her.

Let say when we are on holidays and we go a few times during the night my wife does not get any infection or smell.

To be honest with you I have never noticed that my semen smelled like that after a few minutes.

I know a friend of mine that she said when her husband ejaculates inside her she does have a scent. Maybe on some women that is normal ?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-23-2005 at 04:03 PM. Reason: Please use proper terminology

Old 02-23-2005, 01:31 AM   #9
(male)

ramun HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurbo
To be honest with you I have never noticed that my semen smelled like that after a few minutes.
MTurbo, thanks for your info. Though this may sound sick to some, you can do an experience to see that semen does have a fishy odour by ejaculating into a small container like a shot glass or something of that nature. Leave it there 15 mins. Youll see that it will no longer be that thick mucous like consistency and it will NOT be withish anymore but clear. At this stage, the smell will have developed for you to smell. Give it a go (i did many years ago as a teenager...Im scientific, what can I say!).

Cheers

BTW do you drive a turbo car?

Old 02-23-2005, 06:46 AM   #10
(male)

MTurbo HB User

I will trust you on the test or maybe next time I feel to be in a kinky mode will try it.

PS: So what happens when you have sex with your girl and then the next day or days after, does the smell turn you off from giving her oral ?

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-24-2005 at 04:51 AM. Reason: off topic / off board contact info is not allowed

Old 02-24-2005, 01:02 AM   #11
(male)

ramun HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTurbo
So what happens when you have sex with your girl and then the next day or days after, does the smell turn you off from giving her oral ?

Yes I currently have a Bmw with a M3 setup. Tehn installed in 1999 a Active Turbo kit.ushing a decent amount of power.

400hp at the wheels and 381ft/lbs torque.

If you want to take a look I have a small web sites with some pic of it and time slips when I went to the 1/4 mile track. Not great time but decent 12.6 sec and good trap speed 116mph.
She doesnt smell the next day. But her mucous has become thicker and very very acidic like a sour warhead.... thats kinda hard for oral then...

[ deleted ]

Cheers

Last edited by Administrator; 02-24-2005 at 08:52 AM.

Closed Thread