It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2005, 10:18 PM   #1
(female)

NeedanEar HB User
Penis abrasions? Relate to diabetes??

Hi,
I was reviewing my hubby penis and discovered he has abrasions around the foreskin(uncircumsized). Out of 18 years we have never experienced this. I asked him about it at he menitoned he doesnt know why he's having these abrasions even where he would bleed! We recently found out he is type 2 diabetic. Diabetes would affect genitals this way? However in the meantime we still have come together even with condoms and it makes it worse where it bleeds and now I have become irritated.

At the time, we confirmed results that hubby is diabetic we brought up this issue and doctor says promote better hygiene. He always have maintained well and this has never been a problem until now. Have used tee tree oil on him and he would get better and then break out occurs again. Now that I am irritated any suggestions can be offered before taking the expensive plunge back to the doctor. Need some advise. Thanks.

Old 03-29-2005, 02:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
Re: Penis abrasions? Relate to diabetes??

I'm a Type 2 diabetic as well, also uncircumcised and have never heard anything like this being related to diabetes. It hasn't happened to me either. Diabetics often have some erectile difficulty because of blood circulation or other medications, nothing like this. My thinking is that this is a rash or result of condoms (maybe allergic to them) or some type of yeast infection that the two of you are now passing back and forth. I'm not a doc though so these are only possibilities I can come up with. I'd say see a doc and get the right diagnosis so that the correct treatment can clear things up. Good luck and let us know what you learn.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 12:33 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

analog2000 HB User

I would just like to add that diabetics do not heal as fast as the rest of us. What could be a minor injury or abrasion for someone else can take AGES to heal for a diabetic.

Hope your doc can clear things up soon!

Old 03-30-2005, 03:54 PM   #4
(female)

NeedanEar HB User

Hi,
Thanks for the advice. Doctors says yeast infection passing back and forth. It comes back to me when I was having frequent yeast infections, it turned into a Urinary tract infection at the time hubby was not affected. I then was diagnosed with candida alcabins and put on a few rounds of antibiotics with no sucess and then finally Diflucan was given along with changing my diet by reducing sugar and carbs and I have been doing fine for about a year.

The mild irritation I figured was related to hubby's abrasions and diabetes. Doctor ruled that out. So now we both have been given antibiotic cream and I have been give antibiotic augmentin for a round of 10 days and go back with a followup.

Closed Thread