It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2005, 02:02 AM   #1
(female)

shellbee HB User
contraception

I do not want to take the pill because it makes you fat and i was wondering if the man could take the contraception. I am very inexperienced

Old 06-05-2005, 05:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

SunKissed HB User
Re: contraception

I have not gained any weight on the pill. It is different for everyone...as long as you don't go overboard and eat everything in the house you should be fine. I believe they are trying to develop contraception for men but I don't think it's available yet. Condoms are your other choice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2005, 06:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GLSheridan HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellbee
I do not want to take the pill because it makes you fat and i was wondering if the man could take the contraception. I am very inexperienced
There is no male hormonal contraception.

Furthermore, not all women gain weight with the pill. In fact, there are many doctors that will assure you that hormonal birth control can not and will not cause weight gain. They say that any weight gain is because of change in diet and exercise, not because of the pill.

If you are sexually active, you really should consider hormonal birth control. There are more options other than the pill, too. Do your research.

Old 06-10-2005, 05:43 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

princess72 HB User

I've heard they are coming out with a male birth control pill. Just not in the US yet??? There are so many types of birth conrol.....but ALWAYS use a condom!! I cant use any form of birth control with hormones........also the some of the pills do make me gain weight too. The hormones make me feel nuts.....i've tried alot of them. There is the depo shot, patch, low dose birth control pill (low in hormones, not protection). You can always try a different pill too........sometimes you have to try several before finding the right one. If you've had children......i would recommend an IUD or a diaphram. I LOVE the IUD........no worries, no side effects, i have had no problems. Actually yes i did, with the para gard (had period all month) i have the mirena....it's great. The risk with an IUD...........IF you get pregnant, the embryo cannot attach to your uterous.......it can end up as a tubal pregnacy.....which would be horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The chances are slim. Diaphram....you have to plan! Which i like to be spontaneous! I had no problems getting it in....but i coouldn't get it out! My cervix is WAY UP there. Not for me. Oh, the IUD's arent made of copper anymore and in the 60's they were very dangerous! I remember hearing awful things about them....infection etc. They are truly very safe. I do believe though.....they wont put them in, til you've had a pregnacy. Hope this helps....you have many options!

Closed Thread