It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2005, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

mommy05 HB User
Need help in the sex department

My husband and I have been married for 4 years now and have a beautiful 4 month old boy together. My husband has a very high sex drive and I on the other hand do not. I was diagnosed with Endometreosis 2 years ago, which is very painful during sex. I had 2 surgeries and was put on a shot to conceive our little one we have now. Having a baby has helped the pain, but because of the past issues my sex drive has went down the drain. My husband and I had an awesome sexual relationship when we first started dating, but now I just am not interested. He is very good looking man, but I also feel we do not have the sexual bond that we should, and we do not click during sexual intercourse. Please HELP!!!!

Last edited by mommy05; 07-03-2005 at 07:25 PM.

Old 07-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

wrin HB User
Re: Need help in the sex department

Is it because of the pain that you do not click? Because that's treatable, especially if you're finished having babies.

Hormonal issues of course should be investigated.

I would have a talk with your dr. about it, and make it perfectly obvious to your husband that it isn't him who isn't good enough, it's just that after so many years of dreading sex it's hard to get back into the groove again. I suppose especially while ttc on fertility meds and being pretty much forced to have sex if you want a baby kind of takes the romance out of it and it might be worth it to have some counselling.

I'd seriously look into some medical options re: your endometriosis -- I know quite a few women who after they were done having kids had a hysterectomy that turned their sex lives around 180 degrees.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2005, 07:43 PM   #3
(female)

mommy05 HB User
Re: Need help in the sex department

You are definetly correct about the pain issue. Like I said the pain is not as bad as it used to be, but I am still so nervous to do anything just incase the pain comes back. It was just SO painful. We do have sex, but it is rare, usually when I really need it, and the Sex is great then. Which is about once every two weeks. If it was up to my husband we would have sex everyday, because he states he is very attracted to me. A baby also puts a little damper on the whole sex thing, because I am tired in the evening after working all day and taking care of our son.

Thank GOD I have a husband that loves me so much, and I know he is faithful because I knew him for a long time before we married.

Thanks for the advice with the hormones, I never thought of that. My hormonal balance might not be right, which can cause sexual issues.

We are wanting to have more children. I love babies and so does he. We are wanting to have 2 to 3 children, and that is why I need to find out what to do now.

I will definelty get a hysterectomy after we are finished having children and hopefully that will help a lot.

Thanks for the advice!!

Last edited by mommy05; 07-03-2005 at 07:46 PM.

Closed Thread