It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2005, 07:28 PM   #1
(female)

admired1 HB User
anal sex questions

Hello all, I just have a really quick question, is anal sex healthy? and if I do this would I have any long term or short term problems that may occur?

Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2005, 09:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User
Re: anal sex questions

Is it healthy?...well you are talking about having sex where the poop comes from, so enough said. Long term effects- things will get stretched out (if you are a girl). Short term effects- can be painful.

If you do decide to try it, use a condom every time and be sure that everything is clean before you continue on to regular sex. Also use plenty of lube, that is probablly the most important thing. Also take your time.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-11-2005, 06:26 AM   #3
(male)

vespertine212 HB User

Has there been any research done on the long term effects of regular anal sex? Not talking about disease - thats another issue. I'm wondering about regularly stretch the anus. It seems abusive to the body. Do people who engage in anal sex regulary get messed up later in life? If you're "stretched out" does that cause any type of problems to the body?

Old 10-11-2005, 09:43 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

besafe20 HB User

Thats the same thing I have wondered. If that type of activity can cause any problems and mess you up in any way. Cause I don't think nature intended anything going in there. It serves a clear purpose already exit only. Anyone else know? I mean if it was natural and healthy why would you need soo much lube and relaxation plus slowness to make it work ya know?

Old 10-11-2005, 10:23 AM   #5
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User

Where is all this "stretched out" talk coming from? Any facts to support this concept because I know of none. A penis isn't any larger than many bowel movements people have.

Old 10-12-2005, 07:58 AM   #6
(female)

admired1 HB User

Hi everyone, stretching sounds like it hurts I really want to know the effects afterwards because my bf wants to do it this weekend and i'm totally embarrassed to ask my doc, I'm kind of scared to do it, if my bf still wants to do it so be it I'm not pleasing him in that way if i don't know what might happen to me.

Old 10-12-2005, 08:43 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Dani Girl 78 HB User

Admired I just typed in "effects from anal sex" on my search board and there was a ton of info. Go and check it out.

I'm sure the effects would probably be different with each person. If you do try it you have to RELAX. Maybe try letting him use a vibrator at first and like on my other post...lube, lube and more lube. Some people really enjoy anal, so you might be one of them, but you will never know unless you try...

Last edited by Dani Girl 78; 10-12-2005 at 08:44 AM.

Old 10-12-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
(male)

vespertine212 HB User

Bowel movements as big as penises??? In what universe??

Old 10-12-2005, 06:57 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by millpark26
Where is all this "stretched out" talk coming from? Any facts to support this concept because I know of none. A penis isn't any larger than many bowel movements people have.
You have obviously never been on the receiving end of anal sex. Granted some (smaller) penises are no bigger than a typical woman's bowel movement but a typical bowel movement doesn't pound itself repeatedly in and out for who knows how many minutes. Sorry if that's gross but sheesh, think about it. The two are in no way comparable.

To the original poster, if you are not totally comfortable with the idea, I would say tell you bf he's going to have to wait. If you are not 100% relaxed and into it, it is guaranteed to be a painful and unpleasant experience. But if you do decide to go ahead with it, doing it once should have no long-term effects.

Old 10-13-2005, 06:36 AM   #10
Veteran
(male)

millpark26 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
You have obviously never been on the receiving end of anal sex.
Speaking as a gay man who has been in a committed, monogomous realtionship for 20+ years, I can assure you that I have been on the receiving end of anal sex.

But, I agree with you 100% when you say, "If you are not 100% relaxed and into it, it is guaranteed to be a painful and unpleasant experience."

Old 10-13-2005, 09:01 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(male)

MrNice HB User

If anal sex is performed gently and with proper lubrication there is no lasting effect. Never go from anal intercourse to vaginal intercourse without first washing the penis and urinating. Doing so can cause some serious infections. Also, since using a condom is advisable since STD's can easily be transmitted through the rectum either from a sore or through the ejaculate if the male is infected. Take it slow and use lots of a water soluable lube.

Old 10-13-2005, 09:39 AM   #12
(female)

sandra2005 HB User

as long as you are gentle, try not to tear and use lube it is ok.
also-be careful not to enter the vagina after doing anal or use a different condom

Closed Thread