It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2006, 11:05 PM   #1
(male)

nautica757 HB User
Girlfriend not getting wet enough during intercourse?? What's going on?

My girlfriend and I have been having problems having sex pretty much ever since we first tried.. sometimes it's amazing but about 70% of the time she just doesnt get wet enough and it ends up hurting her shortly after.. She swears up and down it has nothing to do with not being turned on enough(i'd believe it because there have been times where she's just wanted it so bad but when it came time it was painful).. We've tried lube but she says that burns.. she also blames razorburn from shaving but I honestly don't know what else to expect... sometimes it hurts on the outside from razorburn and sometimes on the inside from lack of wetness.. What are her options?? Right now it sucks for both of us because I can never enjoy any kind of sex because i'm always afraid she's in pain..... help

Old 08-26-2006, 04:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User
Re: Girlfriend not getting wet enough during intercourse?? What's going on?

Well, first, for the razor burn, there are several things she could try to reduce that. There's a blue gel sold at drug stores, I think it's called Bikini Zone Shaving Gel. It's phenomenal. Rubbing in just a touch of Neosporin also helps right after she shaves. Be sure she keeps it away from direct vaginal openings, tho. It's good for like where her legs meet her groin if that's where she's having trouble. She should always use a fresh razor and not shave over the same area too many times.

Another option if all else fails is waxing, or simply not shaving it completely bare. There are plenty of electric shavers out there that keep it trim but not completely bare.

For the wetness issue, the only lube that doesn't irritate me is K-Y or AstroGlide. All of these scented, flavored things found at adult stores don't work for me, either. They itch, burn, leave me "sticky." No fun

She should also check with her doctor. She could have a hormonal imbalance, or it could be the pill/depo shot/nuva ring if she's on any of those types of BC.

Best of luck working these things out!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

esrun_yug HB User

Not to get too graphic, but have you tried performing oral sex on her? If it didn't solve the "wetness" issue (which you can control in this particular sex practice ) you could have her achieve climax.

Has she spoken to her OGBYN?

Old 08-27-2006, 06:22 PM   #4
(male)

nautica757 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esrun_yug
Not to get too graphic, but have you tried performing oral sex on her? If it didn't solve the "wetness" issue (which you can control in this particular sex practice ) you could have her achieve climax.

She doesnt want me to go down on her because she says she feels "unattractive" down there... She has a real hard time with it, always saying she thinks it's ugly down there, etc...

She won't go see an OBGYN because she's too embarrassed about the problem... I'm just totally stuck here

Old 08-27-2006, 06:23 PM   #5
(male)

nautica757 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by esrun_yug

She doesnt want me to go down on her because she says she feels "unattractive" down there... She has a real hard time with it, always saying she thinks it's ugly down there, etc...

She won't go see an OBGYN because she's too embarrassed about the problem... I'm just totally stuck here

Old 08-27-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
(female)

lilmsmagic HB User

Not to sound to ugly or anything, but I have here recently learned a few lessons is life. The one that would apply to you guys is this:
"if you want something bad enough, you'll do whatever it takes to get it"
In saying that, I mean that if she wants to have sex with you bad enough, she will swallow everything and go see that gyn. Otherwise, it just doesnt matter to her.

Old 08-28-2006, 04:22 AM   #7
Inactive
(male)

esrun_yug HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmsmagic
Not to sound to ugly or anything, but I have here recently learned a few lessons is life. The one that would apply to you guys is this:
"if you want something bad enough, you'll do whatever it takes to get it"
In saying that, I mean that if she wants to have sex with you bad enough, she will swallow everything and go see that gyn. Otherwise, it just doesnt matter to her.
makes sence to me! Besides, her NOT seeing a GYN is not a very good idea for her health! Wish I could help more.

Old 08-29-2006, 01:08 PM   #8
(female)

pradasweets1983 HB User

okay I am surprised that no one has asked a very specific question. Is she on Birth control? If she is that could be the answer to you as to why she is not becoming lubricated enough. I am a very sexual person. when I got married I started birth control and suddenly not only did my libido lower, I didn't generate enough lubrication to make sex feel good with out lube. my husband was like what is up why don't you get turned onlike before? then I talked to the doctor and asked other women about this and they said the same thing. I also rememberbefore my husband and I tried lube, we tried it without with cause lubrication which cause it to burn when we did try lube. i had to just relax and let myself heal ...I did and am 22 years old , married two years now and everything is fine.When I got off birthcontrol everything went back to the way I was used to. personally I hate BC.

But if you gf is in fact on the BC than that could be your reason as to why she is having problems. It's not your fault and it is not her fault.

Old 09-08-2006, 10:31 AM   #9
Inactive
(female)

emeraldeyes114 HB User

I have had the same problem though as much as i physically was into the moment the brain can have other ideas. Such as if it has been painful in the past it may be just worried it will be anyway. It sounds like in some ways she is tense (not exactly the right word I am looking for but close enough) which doesn't help and that could be from worrying or fearing the pain. Take it slowly and above she needs to relax and feel the moment not think. Though they are all kinds of reasons women do not go to the gyn as much as they should. Some women are fearful of the exam and what happens perhaps due to a previous rape (not by the doctor) or molestation. Some just dread or avoid it for other reasons.

Emerald

Old 09-11-2006, 03:36 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Yes, birth control can affect some females. Personally it never affected my arousal or wettness and my weight stayed the same, it only made me feel depressed and made my breast virtually double in size!!

Some females can be dry due to medication, hormones and even yeast infections. Some females on the other hand are wetter/drier than others. Some females complain of being dry all the time no matter what, just like others complain about being too wet all the time. In the end your natural genetic makeup can have something to do with it, just like some people sweat way too much and others hardly at all, etc etc.

Years ago i had a continous yeast problem without knowing it was yeast until we would go to have sex. I would be dry and it would hurt. I had no other symptoms. Once i got the yeast issue cleared up we were able to throw out the lubricants and all was back to normal.

I personally found KY to make me burn and hurt. I went to the chemist and bought a natural lubricant made from natural ingredients found in fruit. A lot of supermaket lubes have chemicals etc in them which irritate some people. The natural ones are more expensive, but well worth it. It feels like your natural lubricant too.

Closed Thread