It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2006, 12:30 PM   #1
(male)

tonys HB User
Yeast infections after sex

Unusual question~~My wife gets a yeast infection within 24 hours after having intercourse. Because of this, sex is infrequent.
Before you ask, YES...I have good hygeine...even tried showering just before, with several different soaps(hypoallergenic).....It has been documented that they ARE yeast infections by OB/GYN, who says it IS possible, but no prevention except condoms~~which she hates! I had a vasectomy for that reason!

MY doc says it is possible also, that I may have something in my system that causes it...but he says blood tests show nothing~~

What my question is~~anyone heard of this??? Any suggestions on something in my system to look for? Any herbs/pills to help purify my system??

I do not use drugs/smoke/drink(maybe I should start..lol)
Type II diabetic, controlled with diet/exercise.....no meds

Old 12-28-2006, 06:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

JinL HB UserJinL HB User
Re: Yeast infections after sex

Have her get a double treatment the next time & you take it also. You may just be the one with it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2007, 12:37 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

robinbird HB User

I had the same problem, constant yeast infections after sex with my husband. I bought Monistat cream and he also used it on his penis and the problem was solved. It was him giving it to me.

Robinbird

Old 01-14-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

livinTX HB User

She can try taking a probiotic daily to see if that will help prevent it. I got frequent yeast infections after stopping BCPs and now I take AZO yeast pills daily--they sell these in the drugstore near the OTC yeast infection treatments. I have not had one since taking these. If she can't find the AZO yeast pills, she can try taking acidophilus capsules daily to try to prevent one (just be sure they are live). If you are passing the infection to her, I'm not sure if this will work; you might need some treatment for yourself or something. I've been taking the AZO yeast pills 5 months now and have had no yeast infections all that time--a miracle since I was getting one every 3 weeks or so.

Last edited by livinTX; 01-14-2007 at 06:30 PM.

Closed Thread