It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2007, 05:45 PM   #1
(male)

humanrain120 HB User
really itchy pubic region

hello everyone,

just a quick question.

my pubic region is REALLY itchy, it runs down my thighs and on my stomach (hariest parts of my body). now i had heard of crabs so ive done some reading up on it. i heavily trimmed and have rechecked countless times. no sign of crabs at all, i assume they are easy to see once hair is drastically trimmed?

is there anything else that i could of possibly caught? no signs anything abnormal, just constant itching.

i did crash in a bunkhouse a week ago and rolled out of sleeping bag most nights and basically slept on what i assume wasnt the cleanist bed. i only add this as maybe i couldve caught something off it? itching is mainly in pubic region though...

any help would be much appreciated. sorry if this in the wrong section, wasn't sure where to put it.

Last edited by humanrain120; 01-14-2007 at 05:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 11:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User
Re: really itchy pubic region

ring worm maybe, from the bunking? Any sign of that? I'm pretty sure that itching comes along with ring worm. look it up. if it keeps up, then see your doctor.

Could also be itching from shaving/trimming... from the hair growing back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2007, 11:48 AM   #3
(male)

humanrain120 HB User

no sign of ringworm. hadnt shaved or trimmed in a while so wasnt from that. used moisturiser last night where it itched and it really helped (not completely) so going to keep trying that.

im just hoping i didnt catch crabs and then managed to get rid of all of them when i trimmed, after looking it up, it seems worse than some STI's!

thanks for the reply. totally baffled and a little worried.

Last edited by humanrain120; 01-14-2007 at 05:49 AM.

Old 01-10-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

StenoLady1 HB UserStenoLady1 HB User

Man, itching is the pits! I totally feel for you. The more you itch, the more you think about it and then the more it itches ... vicious cycle.

Try and think back over the last, say, month. Any new detergents, soaps? Have you handled/cuddled any outdoor animals?

I know once, I had crazy itching all over my abdomen. Little bumps appeared after a few weeks, but my doctor said the bumps were from me scratching. He kept telling me it was allergies, but I didn't have insurance and couldn't afford the intense allergy testing. On an off day, I saw his nurse practitioner to just get some cream for relief at night, and she took a look at my belly and asked, "Have you had a strange animal in your lap?" Bam. Light bulb went off. We'd bought a puppy from a farmhouse in rural GA a couple months before, and the dog had sat on my lap for hours on the way home. The itching was due to itty-bitty mites getting into my skin, and I needed several creams for it to go away.

Try and think back to anything at all that this could correlate to.

Best of luck

Old 01-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
(male)

humanrain120 HB User

thanks, i will definitely have a think. should proabably head to the doctor as the itching has come back and its driving me nuts.

well i guess from no replies that theres nothing else you can catch from sex that causes itching? apart from crabs that is. i keep looking like 10 times a day and see nothing, can someone tell me if they are easy to spot. my pubic hair is now about 1 cm long so its easy to look properly.

thanks for the replies, what a great site.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:26 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

I don't know much about crabs, but I don't they'd be easy to spot. Kinda like head lice, really got to search for them. Then again.. there isn't as much pubic hair as there is hair on your head! At least I hope not.. haha!!

It won't go away just from shaving though. when someone is diagnosed with crabs, they are told to shave the area and apply a cream.

If nothing else seems to help, then defintely head to a doctor.

Old 01-11-2007, 12:58 PM   #7
(male)

Jeff1959 HB User

I do know from experience that crabs are really hard to spot. You have to look long and hard. In my case, I ended up shaving most of my body hair below the neck to get rid of them. That was quite an experience. You could also try some of the products for getting rid of lice. There are creams and shampoos out there for that. I tried them first, but ended up doing the shaving thing. The problem is that even if you get rid of the crabs, they have already laid there eggs,and a week later you start all over with the same problem. By shaving completely, you can get rid of both parent and eggs at the same time. Also, depending on how you feel about it, shaving your body can be and erotic adventure as well. LOL

Old 01-12-2007, 10:00 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

Be careful stud.

Everyone likes having sex, but what you consider to be lucky may actually be your demise. Three different partners in ten days? I know that seems like "luck" but please consider what it's like today.. Every woman you're with, it's like sleeping with her and her last three or four sex partners, whoever in the world they were. The bad part is whatever condition or disease they might have had, you're exposing yourself to. Only God knows what you could come in contact with.

I don't mean to preach gloom and doom, but it's the truth. Be careful.

Take care.

-h

Old 01-14-2007, 12:13 AM   #9
(female)

el_9_el HB User

Could it be heat rash? The hair could contribute to excess warmth in those areas so could be why you're most itchy there...

Old 01-14-2007, 05:55 AM   #10
(male)

humanrain120 HB User

hi all, im very confused. the itching was awful for a while and was all over my body in sporadic places for ages and now its pretty much gone. no idea whatsoever.

thanks for the replies, ive had a good think about them all.

Closed Thread