It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
Possible male yeast infection.

It appears that for the last month and a half that my bf and I have been sexually active, I've had a yeast infection (I have CONTINUOUS problems with them) and didn't know it. Now he's starting to show some symptoms. How exactly does a male (without health insurance) treat it? The only thing I can think is to call in to my doctor for a prescription of Diflucan but the milligram amount he would prescribe may not be strong enough for a 6'3 185 pound male. He usually prescribes me 150 mg. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 02-17-2007, 05:31 AM   #2
(female)

mo2willow HB User
Re: Possible male yeast infection.

He needs to see a doctor and get the Diflucan prescribed. Otherwise you will just keep passing it back and forth. My husband and I just went through the same thing this past week. He took one Diflucan and was completely better in about 4-5 days. I am on my second dose and am almost completely better. If he doesn't have insurance, there has to be some type of a clinic he can go to?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2007, 02:25 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

When one partner gets treated for yeast the other partner should also get treated and this should be done everytime there is a yeast infection otherwise you simply keep passing it back and forth.

Taking a probiotic once a day on an empty stomach about half an hour or more before a meal is also very beneficial.

Old 02-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #4
(female)

MissMaestro HB User

It's always recomend that as soon as the women gets it you get the cream for the partner. the tablets wont work because mens are on the outside so need to be treated topically where women can do both.
you give he the cream wether or not he has it, it doesnt matter because he can get it without having any symptoms and you do pass it back to one another. so every time you get it get him to start using the cream.
hope that helped

Last edited by Mod-S4; 02-27-2007 at 06:42 AM. Reason: These boards are for peer sharing only.

Old 03-12-2007, 03:11 PM   #5
(female)

skipa dee babe HB User

Hello,
I have the same thing , how would a man keep the cream on himself without it being 'well' all over the place and actually getting it to stay on ? because we take it at night so it will stay inside longer right ?
Skipa

Old 03-12-2007, 11:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Skipa, that's why males need to apply it a few times per day. If the man has not been circumsized it will stay on easier than somebody who has been circumsized. I guess they could apply it liberally and then put toilet paper or something along those lines so that it doesn't all rub off onto their underwear.

The hard part is not how to get the medication to stay on, but getting a male to actually apply the stuff at 3 times per day!!

Closed Thread