It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-30-2007, 07:55 AM   #1
(male)

ConcreteMonkey HB User
Question Semen Smells Disgusting

Hello. This is my first post, so please ... be gentle.

I am a 24yr old male and am currently in a relationship. Me and my girlfriend have a very good sex life, with my Girlfriend never too shy. On thursdsay night we had sex, and it was great. But during the course of the event, my girlfriend was extremely wet. After I had ejaculated it stunk.

The smell was horrid, kind of like rotten fish. This again happened on the friday. It is now Sunday an the smell is still there. I am 90% certain that the smell is my Semen and not my girlfriend.

Before anyone thinks anything un-towards, I have not cheated or been unfaithful to my Girlfriend in any way what so ever. This really is baffeling and quite up setting.

My diet hasn't changed, but it really could do with getting better. I have bathed this morning and the smell isn't there, but I know it will be when I ejaculate again. The smell is pungent and can seem to seep through clothes, so there is no getting away from the fact that my ejaculate smells other than bathing again.

My Girlfriend isn't put off by the smell as it is a reminder of me, but it isn't something that she wants to put up with. If anything, it is me who is more worried about it. Almost to the point that it is putting me off sex, especially Oral.

Is this an Infection or something more sinister. Is there anything I can do to make this better without wasting my GP's time? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
CM

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-30-2007, 09:31 AM   #2
(male)

ConcreteMonkey HB User
Re: Semen Smells Disgusting

After having sex again, we have experienced the same problem again. We are unsure of this is me, her or both. I didn't ejaculate this time, but the smell started to appear. First it smells like bleach, then it smells worse. Eventually it started to smell like Manure.

Can anyone please help us?

My girlfriend is having a problem with her diet at the moment. She can't eat as she is under a great deal of stress, and is suffering heavily from IBS. She is currently taking IBS tablets, Fibogel and the Contraceptive Pill. I am on no medication at all. Hope this can help to find an answer.

Last edited by ConcreteMonkey; 09-30-2007 at 09:32 AM.

Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

First thing that came to my mind is..........are you circumsized? If not then you could have something going on under the foreskin........i cant think of the name, but it's white pasty and smells foul! Also what you eat plays a big role in smell. Try eating sweet things for awile.............like lots of fruit. and if you arent circumsized then make sure you are pulling back the foreskin and cleaning thourouly. I do know that men can get infections..........from women. For instance if a woman has a yeast infection or BV...........she can give it to her partner........which means you both have to be treated. Just an infection NOT an STD..............that can be very common. Have you went to the Dr.....might be a good idea. Only because our bodily fluids should never smell foul............maybe a stronger scent at times but never foul or fishy!

Old 10-01-2007, 06:34 AM   #4
(male)

ConcreteMonkey HB User

Well, my girlfriend went to the Doctors today. She took a urine sample and the doctor told her that it was clear. The doctor has taken a Swap which has been sent off to the Lab. It will be Wednesday when I can get to the Doctors, but I will be going.

As for under the skin, I have cleaned my penis thoroughly and am not suffering from any smells under the skin.

Hopefully someone will be able to help us.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
(male)

Amontillado HB User

This may sound frivolous, but have you masturbated recently? If you did and there was no smell, or just a little, it would seem as though your girlfriend has a health problem. And you say she's got an eating difficulty at the moment; I'd worry about that most.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:24 AM   #6
(male)

ConcreteMonkey HB User

Well actually, we tried this last night. We both masturbated seperately and it would seem that there was no smell at all. My semen was normal, and my Girlfriend didn't smell at all either.
Could this be BV? Since the Doctor already has a swab of my Girlfriend, we are hoping to have the results sometime tomorrow. Hopefully this will be BV. I know this isn't a Sexually Transmitted Infection, and the only possible cause is my Girlfriends Diet - something that we will work on together.

Is BV treated with a course of anti-biotics or similar??

Old 10-02-2007, 05:05 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

daisy-duke77 HB User

BV is usually treated with a medication that you use for 7 days that is inserted into the vagina.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:42 PM   #8
Veteran
(male)

JustDave4now HB User

I can offer some things that come to mind.

My first thought is the obvious, what's involved in Sex besides the Physical Process.

you don't mention if you are having Sex in the Same place. if it is the same I would Consider bed Covering, the mattress. if the mattress is old and gets wet. smells Seem to Rise with moisture.

other things, lube, condoms or anything life that.is she allergic to latex?

lastly I would consider the gland everyone forgets. when was the last time you had your prostate checked. The Prostate is wierd, it can get an infection yet not hurt. That's why doctors check us because Just because it doesn't hurt doesn't mean there isn't a problem.

Closed Thread