It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2007, 10:44 PM   #1
(male)

greemah HB User
Sexuality

Hey,

I'm an 18 year old guy. I've always thought of myself as straight, I'm like your typical normal guy. I find girls attractive and i feel horny when I see them (though I find them hotter in clothes rather than naked). But when in bed doing stuff with a girl or just thinking about it, I'm not the slightest bit aroused and have no interest in it.

I don't find guys attractive at all, but i find it arousing thinking about doing stuff with a guy. I've never done anything with a guy though.

I have had a girlfriend for almost a year and a half (i told her before we went out that I'm just weirdly not into sex kinda) and I poke her and stuff but that's all.

I don't know what to do because I don't know if I'm straight or gay, and I feel bad for my girlfriend because we both love each other heaps but I just don't know what's up with me.

Any insight or opinions would be great.

Thanks,
Greemah.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 04:14 PM   #2
(male)

greemah HB User
Re: Sexuality

Would I have more response if I posted in another forum?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2007, 09:53 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

This question is really hard to answer because no one here can tell you if you are gay or not. It really is something you have to think about, especially if you say you are sexually aroused by men but not women. If when you are masturbating, it is men rather than women that you think of, you should consider the possibility.

Sorry if this didn't really help. It's a tough one.

Old 10-16-2007, 02:41 AM   #4
(male)

greemah HB User

Thanks for your reply. It is women when I masturbate. Also when I lie in bed kissing and hugging my girlfriend i usually get aroused but as soon as she starts playing with me or if we try to have sex it goes away completely. I don't get it.

Old 10-16-2007, 07:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

jen52983 HB User

I'm not sure why the physical act of being with a girl would not arouse you.. but you may fantasize about men simply b/c it's "off limits" if that makes any sense. What people fantasize about, and what they really want to do are often very different. If you can't actually see yourself wanting to be with a man, in reality, then your fantasies are probably just that.

Don't think that you're alone in your confusion. Just from coming on these boards, it seems fairly common for young men and women to be questioning their sexuality.

Theres a certian curiosity in the unknown... being with a man is unknown, so maybe that stimulates your imagination and triggers arousal. It doesn't necessarily mean that you want to be physical with a man.

You're lack of sexual interest could be your mind psyching itself out. If you're thinking about your sexuality, and wondering about men while you're with a woman, of course that will distract you from what's going on.

The best way for you to know for sure about your sexuality is to explore your options. If you have any gay friends that you can confide in, talking to him may really help you.

Hope this helps some..

Old 10-16-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
(male)

greemah HB User

Thanks for your reply. Makes me feel a bit better lol. I guess I'll just let time sort it out and try think about things more or something.

Thanks heaps,
Greemah.

Closed Thread