It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2007, 12:04 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User
Don't know whats causing this inflammation...

I'm having some issues!

I've been sleeping with a bf for about 2 months, about 3 weeks ago he developed immflamation and soreness on his penis, and things that looked like little sores. I also developed some irritation, redness and itching. We went to get checked out for STDs immediately after, and stopped having sex for about 2 weeks - all the symptoms went away. The tests all came back negative.

So a few nights ago we had sex again, and now I have developed the same redness and itchiness. I don't know what to do...could we be allergic to each other or something??

We have unprotected sex because his body doesn't produce sperm - it's physically impossible for him to make me pregnant. Do you think that using protection is the answer to stop this irritation? Or could it be just down to having sex thats too rough? I'm thinking I should perhaps go to the doctors again, if its not an STD perhpas its some other kind of infection? any opinions would be appreciated...

Old 11-06-2007, 07:23 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

try-ink HB User
Re: Don't know whats causing this inflammation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding View Post
I'm having some issues!

I've been sleeping with a bf for about 2 months, about 3 weeks ago he developed immflamation and soreness on his penis, and things that looked like little sores. I also developed some irritation, redness and itching. We went to get checked out for STDs immediately after, and stopped having sex for about 2 weeks - all the symptoms went away. The tests all came back negative.

So a few nights ago we had sex again, and now I have developed the same redness and itchiness. I don't know what to do...could we be allergic to each other or something??

We have unprotected sex because his body doesn't produce sperm - it's physically impossible for him to make me pregnant. Do you think that using protection is the answer to stop this irritation? Or could it be just down to having sex thats too rough? I'm thinking I should perhaps go to the doctors again, if its not an STD perhpas its some other kind of infection? any opinions would be appreciated...
Yeast infection......Comes into mind.

If not treated....you can pass it on to your BF.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-07-2007, 07:54 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Bengie HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ding View Post
I'm having some issues!

sound like thrash or a yeast infection that he caught then gave to you. you both need to go to the doctor and get treated. If you go and get treated and he doesnt' you will just get it again. same thing if he goes and gets treated and you dont.

if he is uncut he may need to be cleaning a bit better since it sounds like he got it first.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:33 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Thrush, yeast, whatever you want to call it, is not caused by lack of hygiene.
Both cut and uncut men, and women, get it. It can happen from washing too much. It can happen when there is an imbalance in the system, or from diabetes, or many other causes.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

Ding HB User

Thanks for your input. Is a yeast infection something that a doctor should see to? or can it be treated over the counter?

Last edited by Ding; 11-07-2007 at 11:18 AM.

Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User

Well said Tommy124, I shower once a day(sometimes twice) always pulling back my foreskin and cleaning thoroughly and still have had bouts with yeast infection. I do have diabetes and my doctor said this can be one of the culprits along with many other reasons.(whirpool baths, system unbalances, and of course having sex).

Old 11-12-2007, 11:15 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Did they do a blood test specifically for herpes? if so, it would have been too soon to pick up any antibodies so the test comes back as negative.

Did they swab the sores from both of you to get cultured? This is the best type of test for herpes if you are getting tested so soon after noticing anything unusual.

Herpes can show up as sores or red skin or no symptoms at all.

Closed Thread