It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2008, 10:10 AM   #1
(male)

steve92882 HB User
Wife alergic to my semen?

We're in early forties, been married 17 years and not until about 3-5 years ago did my wife start complaining that my semen makes her sting inside after I ejaculate. It seems there was a period of time that it wasn't a problem, but after recent intercourse she contracted a UTI on two different occasions. I don't know if it was coincidental or if it has something to do with the chemistry of my semen (Ph?). She prefers for me to wear a condom (for obvious reasons to avoid pain), but I'd rather figure out and cure the problem. Any experience with this out there?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
(female)

Leaf80 HB User
Re: Wife alergic to my semen?

Just like ever other allergy in the world, semen allergies can and do occur any time in life. She should see her doctor and see what she can do, and you should always wear a condom, because it may never go away. I don't know if there is a cure for any allergies out there, since it's basically a bodies intolerance of something.

Good Luck to you both.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 10:30 AM   #3
(female)

jml1986 HB User

Could it be possible that your wife tears a little while having intercourse and that when the tear comes in contact with the semen it stings. I had a similar issue were I felt either sore or itchy. I found out that after my hysterectomy that this problem was no longer an issue.

Old 01-07-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
(male)

steve92882 HB User

We don't think there's any tearing, but that's an interesting aspect that we hadn't considered. I'm not sure that would cause UTIs either. She mentioned the stinging to her doctor and she prescribed Macrobid to take prior to sexual intercourse. The problem with that is that we're not sure when it'll happen, so she doesn't have the chance to take it enough time before. Does anyone know if there is some kind of testing that can be done on each of our body chemistries to detect something known to cause this problem?

Old 01-09-2008, 05:46 AM   #5
(female)

candleyang HB User

Allergies are curable and one way of treating an allergy is to expose your body to the allergen often so that your body will recognize the allergen and be used to it but of course you should do it given the proper medication. It is true that the semen can alter the pH of the vagina because semen is basic and vagina is acidic. Let her use RepHresh every after intercourse to bring back her vaginal pH to normal, as oppose to Macrobid that should be used before the intercourse. It is just over the counter and may use it every 3 days for maintenance. Tell me if it works!

Closed Thread