It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2008, 05:59 PM   #1
(male)

Shaded HB User
Weird sexual issues.

Where to begin.. (thank god for anonimity)

The first issue.

So, I had sex with a girl I really like two nights in a row. The sex was 'eh', but I will get into that later. What concerned me more, was that the second time we had sex, I noticed an odd odor lingering around the room. It was a fishy, musty kind of odor. I went online and looked up the symptoms and came across a couple of threads talking about VB (bacterial vaginosis). The descriptions listed seemed to match exactly what I smelt, but I can't speak on her behalf since I didnt bring it up (was to embarassed to say anything). So the questions I have regarding this are -

1). Is it possible it could be something else? Why didnt it smell on the first night, but on the second night, it was impossible not to notice.

2). Could I have given it to her? Or was this something she had. Since her, I didnt have sex for 8 years and the 1 time i did have sex before her (8 years ago), I wore a condom. Also, my private area never stunk. It's always been refreshling sweet smelling, except after a long period of exercising and you get that cheesy smell between your balls and legs... I'm not really sure why I added that, but I felt it was valid to my point.

3). Is this something I should be worried about? I didnt wear a condom.

4). If it does turn out that this is what we/she has, how do I go about fixing this issue so that it wont be harmful to either of us in the future.

5). How do I tell her? I can't imagine this going over well. I'd like to approach this with a game plan and I'm having trouble producing one.

________________________________________ ________________________

The second issue.

After sex with her, we both got stomach aches. My stomach felt really strange, like I was on the virge of puking but couldnt. It went away the next day, but I found it strange that we both had stomach problems. I tried looking for information on this and came across issues about me poking her curvix, which could have been the issue. The thing I couldnt find, was why I had stomach issues.

So, my questions for this topic are -

1). Could it be something more serious?

2). Do I need to get this checked out? or is this a typical problem among sexual partners that havent had sex for a while.
From what I know about her, she hadent had sex for 2 years and me 8. =\

________________________________________ _________________________

The third issue (I really am hating sex right now).

For the few times that I have had sex ( A grand total of 3 ), I have had trouble rising to the occasion. It isnt a physical attraction problem, the women I have been with are very sexy and are girls I'd normally masterbate to. (btw, I have no trouble masterbating) I get really hard during the foreplay, but as soon as it comes to the penetration, my brave soldier looses his nerve. I really want to have sex! ***! I can't for the life of me imagine why I drop off right during the fun part.

So the question I have for this part is -

1). help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2008, 08:32 PM   #2
(female)

Leaf80 HB User
Re: Weird sexual issues.

1). Is it possible it could be something else? Why didnt it smell on the first night, but on the second night, it was impossible not to notice.
It could be. Have either of you gone for STD testing? She could also not of showered or just the aftermath of sperm meets vaginal secretions from the night before. You should possibly bring it up, so she can go get it checked out.

2). Could I have given it to her? Or was this something she had. Since her, I didnt have sex for 8 years and the 1 time i did have sex before her (8 years ago), I wore a condom. Also, my private area never stunk. It's always been refreshling sweet smelling, except after a long period of exercising and you get that cheesy smell between your balls and legs... I'm not really sure why I added that, but I felt it was valid to my point.
BV is not an STD. She could of had it, or you could of helped "contribute" to her getting it. It's not a disease, so relax dude.

3). Is this something I should be worried about? I didnt wear a condom.
Okay I'm going to ask, WHY you didn't use a condom? Do you really want to become a parent or catch something? (I really hope she's on BCP, if not, then that's not a smart move)

4). If it does turn out that this is what we/she has, how do I go about fixing this issue so that it wont be harmful to either of us in the future.
You should tell her your concerns so she can go to her GYN and find out if she has BV or a yeast infection, then she can get treated for it.

5). How do I tell her? I can't imagine this going over well. I'd like to approach this with a game plan and I'm having trouble producing one.
You just open your mouth and say "Hon, I noticed and offputting odor before/during/after sex, and I was wondering if you could possibly have BV or a yeast infection. If she gets mad about you bringing it up, than is she really mature enough to be having sex?

The second issue.

1). Could it be something more serious?
Don't know, it could be coincidence or it could of been nerves, or excitement. it's really hard to diagnose over the internet. If you're concerned, I'd suggest a call or visit to an M.D. and tell them and see what they have to say. If it's a one time thing, I'd be more likely to think you either ate some food that didn't agree with your stomaches or something along those lines.

2). Do I need to get this checked out? or is this a typical problem among sexual partners that havent had sex for a while. Really hard to diagnose over the internet. See above.

The third issue

1). help!
Relax buddy, this is most likely performance anxiety. Not having sex for 8 yrs and a new partner, um I think you where a bit nervous. I can tell you, if you continue to think and worry about it, it will become a self-fulfilled prophecy and it will continue. So calm down, you're fine. If it happens again, try going back to forplay and then try again.

Good Luk to you both.

Old 01-10-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User

You didn't wear a condom both times. The first time you didn't wear the condom..there was no odor to smell most likely because the semen and vaginal secretions had just met. By day two--and the second time--they had had 24 hours to hang out together. Not pleasant...but common. It doesn't mean that there is anything wrong with you or her. Perhaps some better hygiene on her part would help, but it would only help her external anatomy. Sperm can hang out and slowly excrete from the female body for several days after deposit. There is nothing she can do about the after-smell internally--I wouldn't recommend douching--it should clear on it's own if this is the problem.

I would be VERY careful about how you bring odor up to her. You may never get to sleep with her again if you offend her. It's a touchy subject. Maybe try a few more times with her...and if it persists, find a humorous way to joke about it by simply laughing and saying," Geez, is that me? I'm sorry!" It will give her something to ask herself, without directly blaming her.

Stomach aches? Sounds like you both had a 24 hr bug non related to sex. Or maybe she was just agreeing with you when you said your stomach hurt. People do that. Don't overanalyze this thing and don't be a hypochondriac.

As for the brave soldier, the last poster put it brilliantly. Relax and everything will go fine.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:38 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

I agree with the other posters. She MAY have BV, but maybe not if the scent wasn't there right before. It can definitely be the mixing of fluids, OR maybe she worked out recently and was dealing with what you described happens with you after a workout. I mean, it's possible she just needed to freshen up a bit. I agree that it can be awkward to bring up this topic regarding scent. Maybe it was just a one time thing. Definitely use a condom though if you both didn't get tested for STD's. It may just be easier anyway, even if she is on the pill or using another birth control method... it's just extra safe.

With the stomach problems, did you all happen to eat before sex? If it's been a while since you both had sex and you ate or something, it's easy to feel this way, especially from vigorous sex or if there was pressure on your stomach. It can also be a bug that you caught from each other.

Try using a condom again and see if the scent happens. It'll be safer for you anyway!

Old 01-14-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

My ex-wife's vagina had the exact same smell once. She had what she referred to as a natural vaginal discharge. That may be true, but I am here to tell you the smell was unbearable. I believed that it was something else, like the bacterial vaginosis that you spoke of, or possibly a yeast infection. I also wondered if she knew of proper vaginal hygeine, like the benefit of thorough douching.

Much later in our relastionship the condition went away. I believe it was improper hygeine because she started douching and it stopped.

What you experience is somewhat normal I think, but I'm sure all women don't experience it.

-h

Old 01-14-2008, 08:18 AM   #6
(female)

Leaf80 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairier yet.. View Post
My ex-wife's vagina had the exact same smell once. She had what she referred to as a natural vaginal discharge. That may be true, but I am here to tell you the smell was unbearable. I believed that it was something else, like the bacterial vaginosis that you spoke of, or possibly a yeast infection. I also wondered if she knew of proper vaginal hygeine, like the benefit of thorough douching.

Much later in our relastionship the condition went away. I believe it was improper hygeine because she started douching and it stopped.

What you experience is somewhat normal I think, but I'm sure all women don't experience it.

-h

Except douching is now discouraged by many gynecologists, because it is the common cause of yeast infections and vaginal irritations.

Closed Thread