It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2008, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

angela89 HB User
What does my vagina smell like this?

I have always smelled like mashed potatoes down there the smell gets stronger around the time I am on my period and I never realy thought much of it but the other day my new boyfriend went down there and he asked me why it smelled like that I didn't know what to say is there something wrong with me? Or is that a normal or common smell

Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 PM   #2
(female)

Shanlo HB User
Re: What does my vagina smell like this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela89 View Post
I have always smelled like mashed potatoes down there the smell gets stronger around the time I am on my period and I never realy thought much of it but the other day my new boyfriend went down there and he asked me why it smelled like that I didn't know what to say is there something wrong with me? Or is that a normal or common smell
Go to your doctor could be overgrowth of bacteria.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-17-2008, 03:46 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

If it smells bread-like (which I guess is somewhat like potatoes) it could be a mild yeast infection. Do you ever have a white discharge or any itching? Some ladies just get a very mild yeast infection that gets better and worse during the cycle and doesn't have all of the symptoms of a yeast infection. You can always check just in case... but if you have always smelled this way, maybe it is just your natural scent. Everybody smells different. The common rule is that if it smells fishy, something isn't right and needs to be checked out, and breadlike smell can be a yeast infection.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:02 AM   #4
Inactive
(male)

Boydawg HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela89 View Post
What's wrong with mashed potatoes, they smell fine.
Every woman smells a little different. Trust me, a mashed potato smell is pretty good.

Old 02-25-2008, 07:15 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

skyy11 HB User

It maybe just your individual scent. Body odors are made up of 100's of ingredients that contribute to the odor. Everyone has a different scent which does change at different times of your monthly cycle.

If you are concerned about not smelling good, try to bath before an intimate time or just freshen up down there. It sounds like this is not a bad odor- most of which are caused by BV or yeast.

Old 03-03-2008, 01:25 AM   #6
(female)

katylou HB User

hello i have the same prob i smell very badly down there even though i washed all the time its worse around my period the smell almost chokes me but nothing i do makes any difference maybe thats why my fiance ahs never gone down on me i dnt know he never says

Closed Thread