It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
(male)

lucky_yang HB User
how long should sexual intercourse last for?

what's the average time guys usually last in bed?

when my girlfriend and i have sexual intercourse, i usually last for 15-20 minutes before ejaculation. is that too short? sometimes i get so worried about the length of intercourse that i constantly keep an eye on the time to see how long i've been going for.

sometimes i ejaculate after just seven minutes or so but can still get an erection and we do it again right after.

i hear friends talking and bragging about how they could go on for HOURS. are they just telling stories or am i really not up to par?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lucky_yang For This Useful Post:
Ajay (10-06-2011), savadhiya (11-02-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2008, 06:42 PM   #2
(female)

rhiannon777 HB User
Re: how long should sexual intercourse last for?

That is plenty long enough. Something most men don't know about is that sex starts to hurt us if it goes on too long! We tend to get dry and it starts to be really uncomfortable after a while. All those guys who brag about going on for hours clearly don't know what women really want!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2008, 09:21 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

plus, they are lying, or including hours of foreplay.
most men don't last 5 minutes. most don't last 2.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

mrbojangle HB User

You are certainly above average by lasting 15-20 minutes so don't be concerned about that and the fact that you can again have intercourse a short time later would make many guys envy you. As long as both of you are being satisfied-- be happy and enjoy.

Old 09-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

EllieFrog HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy124 View Post
plus, they are lying, or including hours of foreplay.
most men don't last 5 minutes. most don't last 2.
Um, no sorry, but that is completely false. Some men can go for hours at a time... with breaks, of course. My boyfriend can last A LOT longer then 5 minutes. Usually between 10-20... unless he's really trying then he can last up to 45 minutes.

So no, a lot of men don't lie when they say that they can last for a long time - especially younger men.

Last edited by EllieFrog; 09-19-2008 at 04:18 PM.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:06 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

From what I have read in many surveys, the average man lasts about 5 minutes with continuous thrusting. Stopping and starting can add a LOT of time to this, but in general (again, according to surveys I've read) women don't particularly want continuous thrusting to last more than 15 minutes anyway. It's all the other stuff that counts. As for most guys lasting less than 2 minutes, I would disagree since guys who can't last that long are generally considered premature ejaculators, and I really don't think they'd be called that if it were the average.

Anyway, I would definitely assume that guys who say they are lasting for hours are not talking continuous thrusting (and probably exaggerating).

Old 09-24-2008, 02:19 PM   #7
(male)

lucky_yang HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbojangle View Post
You are certainly above average by lasting 15-20 minutes so don't be concerned about that and the fact that you can again have intercourse a short time later would make many guys envy you. As long as both of you are being satisfied-- be happy and enjoy.
oh, good. that makes me feel a lot better. when they say they could go for hours, i thought they meant continuously thrusting.

Old 09-26-2008, 06:50 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

It doesn't really matter what is "average" as long as she is happy about your performance. If she thinks an hour is average, then you might have a problem, but I agree with others who say average is around 5 minutes of constant thrusting, but a guy who gets sex infrequently will last a shorter period of time vs. someone who gets it every day. And, there are other factors...how excited he is can have a big influence.

Old 10-01-2008, 06:37 AM   #9
Inactive
(male)

whytry HB User

As a man gets older, he will lose sensitivity and will last longer than when he was younger. When I was in my 30s and having sex only on the weekends, I would only last a couple of minutes if I had not masturbated for a couple of days before a date. When my girlfriend and I lived together and had sex most every day, I would last 5 to 10 minutes. However, our total lovemaking, including foreplay and afterplay, would last for an hour. Now that we are in our 60s and have sex most every day, I last 15 to 30 minutes. My wife likes intercourse to last about 15 to 20 minutes the best, using 2 or 3 positions, so it is about perfect now. She gets sore if it lasts longer than that and another girlfriend from years ago said that she didn't like it to last too long either. The interesting thing is that we both have better orgasms now that we are older.

Actually, if you give her 2 or 3 oral orgasms before the intercourse begins then she probably won't care how long you last, within reason. Most women have their best orgasms with oral sex, at least from my experience and what I have read from various discussions on the web.

Women also vary in the time necessary to have an orgasm. Some women, like my wife, can orgasm in 2 or 3 minutes, while others take much longer. Some never seem to get there, so they might be happiest with a guy who lasts for hours. Men and women are all different in how long they like intercourse to last or how long it takes to orgasm.

Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 AM   #10
(male)

poorejj HB User

I used to think all of those guys that made, what I then believed to be absurd, claims of lasting for hours were liars. However, now that I can last for hours, continuously thrusting, I believe only some of them are liars.

Old 12-05-2010, 03:16 AM   #11
(male)

cumulus HB User

Okay, so it's true that some of us really do last for a long time and actually, girls can get used to that as well--although that should happen gradually. Because of my endurance she usually stops me and that's not fun at all. Anyway, 20 minutes seems to be good for my girl most of the time, but on occasion we'll end up forgetting all about the time and before you know it an hour and a half has flown by. I don't think it would be good for her to go for too long, but I've never ran into any particular limit either.

Closed Thread