It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2009, 01:28 PM   #1

hgghg HB User
Girlfriend's vagina smells bad

Hi, my girlfriend is in her upper 20s and Im in my lower 20s. I don't have much experience, actually she is my first experience, but we have had sex about 5-10 times, and I just had to stop because many times she would just have the worst smell in the world down there. I didn't have to be near it either.

She has gotten tested, for EVERYTHING, when we started going out (I asked her too), and has nothing. She isn't cheating either since that test, and the smells were going on before the test.

One time the smell made me so nauseous I had to just stop and lay down so I didn't throw up. I can't say that it smells like fish when it smells bad, but I can say that it is definitely a smell I don't like.

Anyways, she is a super sensitive type, and if I brought it up with her, she will just get all ****** off and not talk about it. I brought it up once, and she stated that I don't have experience, so couldn't really say what a vagina smells like.... She also made the claim that sex sometimes doesn't smell the greatest, or something along those lines.

Long of the short, I haven't had sex with her in a long time, and personally am thinking of just going to friends. Sexually, we just aren't compatible.

Anyways, I would just like to know, what does a "healthy" vagina smell like? And also how does one bring this issue up in a mature way and then knowing when to just call it quits when your partner is being unreasonable?

Last edited by hgghg; 01-07-2009 at 01:30 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
(female)

Bluebug938 HB User
Re: Girlfriends vagina smells bad

The smell of a normal healthy vagina can vary quite a bit, but in my opinion there can be almost no smell at all or perhaps a slightly sweet smell....definitely a good smell...our species continues, in part, because of this inviting smell. Your girlfriend needs to talk to a doctor about this and come up with an explanation and an action plan.

You should bring this up to her at a good time (read: not right after having sex or during sex) and try to use as many "I statements" as possible. For example, "I have noticed that you smell a little different than I expected, and I have to be honest it turns me off. I want to have amazing sex with you and every thing else about you is so sexy to me but I am worried that there is something wrong, perhaps a hormonal imbalance or something like that..." Basically be sensitive and don't attack or blame her.

If she does react badly, I say drop her like a hot stone. Perhaps after you do she will take care of it and you will be saving her next BF from having to deal with this. Good Luck!

Old 01-10-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
(female)

zanna06 HB User

Okay, first of-every girl is different. Her smell can range from a musty, pugent odor to not smelling or a faint smell. A sweet, mild scent can be noticed also. I have found that it depends on what a girl eats. or how much she exercises. I know it sounds strange, I didnt believe it myself. But i read it in a health magazine and I actually tried it and it worked with me. Orrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, maybe you just arent attracted to her. Usually you find the person you're attracted to to have a very very nice scent

Old 01-11-2009, 03:56 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

I agree with the others - different women are different, and the same woman can be different at different times - but generally there should not be much of a smell. A question would be how long has it been before she took a shower? It is always an excellent idea to shower before sex, and that should at least temporarily take care of any smells. Perhaps ask her to have sex in the shower, or tell her you want to give her a bath/shower and dry her off and all that to make sure she is clean. But really, for oral sex, you want someone who is recently showered. It would not be too much to expect each partner to wash their privates prior to such lovemaking.

Old 01-11-2009, 06:30 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Ther is no way you can bring this up tactfully. This is a girls worst nightmare. Since your relationship is pretty new, I would steer away from the sexual arena, and wait until you have a more enticing experience with someone else.

It really shouldn't repulse you, and if it does...she is not the one.

There is really no coming back from this one. Don't bum yourself out forever, and forcing her to "come clean". Maybe she can't.

Last edited by writeleft; 01-11-2009 at 06:31 PM.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:56 AM   #6
(female)

SpicyGirl82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
I agree with the others - different women are different, and the same woman can be different at different times - but generally there should not be much of a smell. A question would be how long has it been before she took a shower? It is always an excellent idea to shower before sex, and that should at least temporarily take care of any smells. Perhaps ask her to have sex in the shower, or tell her you want to give her a bath/shower and dry her off and all that to make sure she is clean. But really, for oral sex, you want someone who is recently showered. It would not be too much to expect each partner to wash their privates prior to such lovemaking.
This is precisely what I was thinking. Take a shower together and wash her. That way you know she's clean.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

cathy1 HB Usercathy1 HB User

I had a friend of mine years ago who went to numerous doctors because she had an almost "bleach" like odor happening several times a year. After all kinds of tests it was determined it was a hormone type thing but nothing could be done. She should have a full workup to find out if something else is going on.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:19 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

barton93 HB User

While I do agree with everyone who says that every woman smells different and also smell different during various stages of her cycle, there is no way that a scent that nearly causes someone to vomit because the odor is so strong is healthy! It isn't as if his face is down there.....he specifically stated that he can smell her even when his nose isn't near her vaginal area....and if it is strong enough from that distance to almost make you vomit....I'd say there is something going on medically and she should be checked out.

As hard as it may be to bring it up, I think if you choose your words wisely and express your concern that you worry about there being something medically wrong.....be supportive and maybe she won't react negatively. She should get it checked out though because you never know.....it could be nothing at all or it could be something serious.
DS - Landon Russell...2/21/09
DD - Avery Marie...10/29/11...adopted by family.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:51 AM   #9
(male)

Vanguard HB User

This is very hard for us guys to confront our partners regarding the "aroma." I can relate and sympathize with HGGHG because I got the worst flak from her even though I said it mildly and best tone that I can give.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #10
Inactive
(female)

Tivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB UserTivo123 HB User

You said that you don't have a lot of experience, so I'm really wondering if it's actually normal and since you lack the experience that you just don't know what it's supposed to be like. A lot of teenagers who lack experience think it smells too, because they don't realize there's a certain musky type smell that all women have, which is normal and not at all a sign of anything wrong. But since they have no idea what they are looking at, they think it's not right. Maybe with experience you will find out that it was normal after all, but you won't know until after you've experienced more in your life.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:07 PM   #11
(female)

MzLittleHonda HB User
Re: Girlfriend's vagina smells bad

I used to have a problem with having a smelly vagina, and really bad discharge, I went to 5 different doctors, and one gynaecologist, did all different tests, and all brought up nothing.. Then my boyfriend suggested I try a douche. I had heard they create a imbalance in your vagina if you use the solution they come with, so i emptied out the vinegar + water solution, and replaced with only water, and started using that daily. After a few uses, the smell had gone, and I was getting less and less discharge.

Get her to try that, you can by them from chemists.

Old 02-02-2009, 04:35 PM   #12
(female)

gnrfinkployd HB User

Hi, the reason sometimes why vagina would smell would be because of STI's or some sort of infection so where the bacteria that it causes smells. However, if you are saying that she does not have anything it could purely be because of PH levels - to be all sciency! You can get treatments for this - it is sort of a wash but usually washing a vagina too much (especially if it's soapy) can cause more problems...

As previous replies state. From "cave-man" times, a vagina does give off a good smell to whoever is attracted to it and it is different smells different men will be attracted to. Finally, having pubic hair also helps keep bad smells in and helps give good smells out!

Old 01-05-2010, 10:58 AM   #13
Inactive
(female)

suzz444 HB User

[ deleted ]

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-11-2010 at 04:55 PM. Reason: No free advertising.

Closed Thread