It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #1
(female)

bob899 HB User
why does my girlfriend's vagina smell so bad!

why does my girlfriend's vagina smell so bad! it smells awful and there is a very bitter and slightly stinging taste to it. any advice! and shes a virgin so its not an STD...

Old 02-21-2009, 09:28 PM   #2
(female)

zanna06 HB User
Re: why does my girlfriend's vagina smell so bad!

maybe she needs to douche.................i dont really know much more to suggest here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2009, 08:57 PM   #3
(female)

roller23 HB User

mabe u just dont like the smell she should notice it too if theres a medical problem, i thought the same way about me but my man cant get enough i dunno?

Old 03-07-2009, 04:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

Bob I had the same problem when I was dating in high school. There was a girl I was absolutely crazy about. We went out and eventually had sex. I was so crazy about her, but her vagina was rancid! I never said anythng because I didn't want to embarrass her. One night during sex she made the comment "one of us is smelling.." I wanted to let her have it. Never in my life had I noticed an odor like that on myself. I'm quite conscientious of such things and am certain the smell didn't come from me. I mean this odor was beyond description. It was so bad that I could not bring myself to perform oral sex on her.

One day many years later, (I married her, yes) I finally told her about her problem in the heat of an argument. The reason was because she complained that she always gave me oral but I'd never return the favor. She was so cutting and smart that I popped back and told her -- that her vagina was purely rancid! It was! After that she began douching and the smell went away. She did mention too that her vagina had what she referred to as a "natural discharge". I wondered though what that natural discharge really might have been.

At times I wondered if she suffered from a vaginal yeast infection. Does a yeast infection produce an odor like that?

It's hard to tell someone you care about something like that. Think about it and maybe you can tell her. It's hard I know.

Good luck.

-h

Old 03-07-2009, 07:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

Usually a yeast infection would not have a terrible scent, but it can have a typically yeasty scent, like bread or beer. Usually it's bacterial vaginosis that produces a bad, fishy scent. Could this maybe be similar to the scent? This is easily treated with medicine from the doctor. It often does produce a discharge with it as well. With a yeast infection, she would probably be itchy and/or red and possibly have a thick white chunky discharge.

Some people have a scent more than others. It also can possibly have to do with the clothing. If someone wears tight clothing that doesn't allow for much air to get in, sweat will get trapped and a smell can occur. That's why cotton underwear are recommended.

Douching isn't recommended since it can disrupt the natural balance of the vagina and it can actually cause infection, so sometimes it's risky to douche. If I noticed an unusual smell, I'd probably check with the doctor to rule out any infection FIRST. Good hygiene is important too of course. Cleaning the inside of the vagina shouldn't be necessary, but using a gentle soap to cleanse the outer area is important and should keep away bad scents.

I would not have any advice on the taste as I'm a female, but I'd imagine that it shouldn't be so strong either. It just sounds like her PH level in there might be off. If it's not an infection, they do have different products meant to help regulate the balance of everything down there, so maybe that would help too.

Old 03-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

Blkqwn7 HB User

Yeast infections can be rancid. Fishy odor especially if a woman is not soaking in the tub! The shower taking should be left for morning but at night a bath is mandatory.

However, I will never forget when I had a yeast infection. I had no vaginal odor, no itching, no burning! I had a heavy white discharge though. I am an advocate of yogurt and Activa is the best!

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-07-2009 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Off topic. Please start a new thread for new questions and let the original poster have his question answered here. Thanks.

Old 03-09-2009, 09:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(male)

hairier yet.. HB User

yes, it was a bad fishy scent. I never saw a chunky white discharge but did see a thick looking yellow deposit in her panties at times. I believe you're right, it probably was a yeast infection.

Old 10-04-2009, 07:09 PM   #8
(female)

redqueenxxx HB User

BV causes a fishy smell, and you have to SPECIFICALLY ask for a BV test at the gynocologist. It is not a normal test they give.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #9
(male)

breener HB User

you are a smart guy. From what i read you've help lots of people, for you ta halp people out of the goodness of ur heart you deserve a medal, or at least a cuddle. Haha, but all honesty, thanks dude
-breen= caribou maine

Closed Thread