It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2009, 06:17 PM   #1
(male)

ajbrewer HB User
First time drunken sex worried if made pregnant

Hi there, i had my first sexual encounter with my gf other night but we got really drunk and i got carried away and we had sex and i did have trouble getting hard and was uncomfortable and i didnt come or orgasm i sorta gave up realised that we had sex without using anything and now wondered if now my gf worried she mite be preg. she only tells me she isnt on anything and that she cant take after pill because she is on anti biotics. is this true? is there any other way i can stop anything. worrying me. she told me that we have to wait two weeks to find out, why is that? i wud like to find out sooner how can we? hope someone can help me. regards, adam

Old 02-24-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Re: First time drunken sex worried if made pregnant

Even if she is on antibiotics, she can still take the morning after pill. Some antibiotics may reduce the effectiveness of birth control pills. So it's still worth doing. Better than waiting 2 weeks, wouldn't you say?

Anyway, if it's too late or if she refuses to take them, there's nothing to do but wait (it takes about that long for the physical changes in a pregnant woman to become detectable, also, a woman isn't pregnant right away, it takes quite a few days for that to happen).

Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-25-2009, 05:34 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User

If you didn't ejaculate, it is highly improbable that she is pregnant. Still, that is not an excuse to not use protection, as accidents certainly happen, and they happen a lot.

Old 03-07-2009, 07:01 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

tUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB UsertUrRrRa HB User

That is false with antibiotics, unless the doctor specifically told her that. When taking antibiotics (such as penicillin) you don't stop taking your pill. The pill is still to be taken, but it won't be as effective and you have a higher risk of pregnancy. Just for future reference!

I agree that most likely, everything will be okay. Pulling out is 75-80% chance of no pregnancy, and it might be even less of a risk for you if didn't have sex for a long time due to the drunken state. I agree that taking the morning after pill can still be a good idea, even with the antibiotics. They might not work as well, but if you aren't ready for a pregnancy, it may still be worth a try!

Old 03-07-2009, 08:03 PM   #5
Inactive
(male)

Executor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB UserExecutor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnetic View Post
If you didn't ejaculate, it is highly improbable that she is pregnant.
With all due respect, this is completely false. In fact, the pre-ejaculatory fluid that leaks out is often extremely potent.

Additionally, according to Planned Parenthood, the pregnancy rate is near 98% for any given couple having sex on a regular basis for one year and employing the withdrawal method.....Just as an fyi.

Also, most antibiotics will significantly reduce the effectiveness of the pill. In fact, some will render it almost completely ineffective. This is why it's so important to tell one's Doc everything you are taking, no matter how meaningless or embarrassing you may think it is. All meds can have significant interaction effects with one another.

Best of luck to you.

Regards,

Ex

Old 03-07-2009, 09:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Pre-ejaculatory fluid usually contain no sperm unless there has been a recent ejaculation. Sperm and the stuff that makes up pre-ejaculatory fluid come from different parts of the plumbing.

And according to Planned Parenthood, the withdrawal method has a 27% failure rate (73% success rate) with 1-year typical use, and a 4% failure rate when used perfectly. The U.S. FDS give the same statistics.

As for the antibiotics, it depends. Your gf should ask a pharmacist or her doctor. And it's not like she CAN'T take it, it just might be a little less effective, but it's still better than nothing, right?

Old 03-08-2009, 04:59 AM   #7
(male)

rand000m HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor View Post
Additionally, according to Planned Parenthood, the pregnancy rate is near 98% for any given couple having sex on a regular basis for one year and employing the withdrawal method.....Just as an fyi.
Wow that's amazing, somebody should tell that to all the couples who are struggling to conceive - "you're doing it wrong, you should be pulling out".

27% failure rate is the actual level, per year. Still far more of a gamble than you should be taking, all it takes is one (un)lucky time and you could be a parent! Use protection in future and you should be fine

Old 03-08-2009, 06:41 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Redneon82 HB User

I have friends who have become pregnant from pre-ejaculate, with no prior ejaculation. Their bouncing baby boys are proof. So yes, it is possible.

I'd go ahead with Plan B. It seems to be the best bet.

Old 03-17-2009, 06:14 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User

From what I hear said. "I was drunk, couldn't really get an erection! The bit of one I got, it wasn't strong enough to penitrate?" If this is the case, I don't think there was enough excitement going on for any pre-ejaculation fluid. But that being said, every man's body reacts differently, SO, if there is a morning after peel, she would be stupid not to take it.

Closed Thread