It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-17-2009, 04:54 PM   #1
(male)

Glass Of Tears HB User
Why do I still have this urge to masturbate?

Hi, this is my first post on this site, and I would like to address an issue that has pestering me these last few years.

I have been sexually active since my sophomore year, and frequently engage in the act; however; even with my sexual urges satisfied, I still find myself facing a deep temptation, masturbation. Is there something wrong with me? Am I a “horny freak”? It is true, I still masturbate when in private. What is it, why is sex is not enough? I have only pondered this question, but never decided to address it openly…anonymously.

-Glass Of Tears

Last edited by Mod-S4; 04-17-2009 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Terminology.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:03 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

catheryn HB User
Re: Why do I still have this urge to masterbate?

There's nothing wrong with you. Different people have different sex drives. I know lots of people who have partner sex all the time and still masturbate. It's normal and quite healthy! Don't waste time worrying about it -- enjoy it!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #3
(male)

oneofsix HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Of Tears View Post
Hi, this is my first post on this site, and I would like to address an issue that has pestering me these last few years.

I have been sexually active since my sophomore year, and frequently engage in the act; however; even with my sexual urges satisfied, I still find myself facing a deep temptation, masturbation. Is there something wrong with me? Am I a “horny freak”? It is true, I still masturbate when in private. What is it, why is sex is not enough? I have only pondered this question, but never decided to address it openly…anonymously.

-Glass Of Tears
Nothing wrong at all....you are a man! I am 44 and still masterbate all the time despite having sex as well. I think it is just part of our nature and possibly conditioning since you first experimented with sex. When I was young, 13, I would masterbate 7 times a day, sometimes more, sometimes less, but everyday. I would run home from school to the bathroom everyday to masterbate first thing before anything else. Now, I have to masterbate every night before going to bed if I do not have sex; and on the weekends.....the sky is the limit.

You are a heathy person! Keep it going!

Last edited by oneofsix; 04-17-2009 at 07:14 PM.

Old 04-18-2009, 07:44 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

pendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB Userpendulum HB User

Glass of Tears - you have a very suggestive username. How many tears do you need to fill a glass up?

Now, from tears to semen: how much semen do you need to fill the same glass up?

I may be wrong, but I would say that the main "problem" with excessive masturbation is excessive ejaculation which can lead to depletion in the male organism. When you masturbate, the final goal is ejaculation, and possibly the only one. When you have intercourse with a partner, ejaculation is one of the goals, but in some cases you can avoid or postergate ejaculation for a better effect on your partner and even yourself.

If you ejaculate for every time you masturbate, I would ask you to think twice before doing it again. It is not a moral question at all. It's a physiological question. Depending on how old you are, you may be seriously wasting your energy. It's better to reserve your semen for a woman, or maybe learn techniques to preserve your semen.

When you feel the urge to masturbate, count up to ten or find another thing to do, not intellectual work, but preferably something physical.

Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Why do I still have this urge to masturbate?

Theirs nothing wrong with you for having the urge to masturbate. Quite a few of us, if not most of us continue to do it long after marriage. To much of anything is bad! If not mentally, physically or emotionally. Women are not (always) available to make us feel good as often as we like, but thanks be to God, that we can, and most of us do take matters into our own hands and continue the party with out them.lol. If rubbing your sore muscles feel good, why would you stop if know one was there to do it? You would do it yourself, as often as you could.

The Following User Says Thank You to cleansweap For This Useful Post:
GaNeal (07-23-2012)
Old 04-30-2009, 05:44 PM   #6
(male)

S3ntuhom3 HB User
Re: Why do I still have this urge to masturbate?

Dude! Your a man.
I wouldn't think it would be abnormal to masturbate when older( I can't give evidence as I'm only 17 ) but judging by previous posts I would agree that it is completely normal. Maybe if you find it too excessive then try and do the things that arouse you less- or think of something really disgusting- never used to work for me but usually seems to work a treat now when I suddenly get one of those dreaded erections in p.e, or gym in school- jeez erections seem to pick there times.
Anyway I hope all the advice on this forum helps you and gives you confidence!!
Thanks, s3nt

Old 04-30-2009, 06:41 PM   #7
(male)

oneofsix HB User
Smile Re: Why do I still have this urge to masturbate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S3ntuhom3 View Post
Dude! Your a man.
I wouldn't think it would be abnormal to masturbate when older( I can't give evidence as I'm only 17 ) but judging by previous posts I would agree that it is completely normal. Maybe if you find it too excessive then try and do the things that arouse you less- or think of something really disgusting- never used to work for me but usually seems to work a treat now when I suddenly get one of those dreaded erections in p.e, or gym in school- jeez erections seem to pick there times.
Anyway I hope all the advice on this forum helps you and gives you confidence!!
Thanks, s3nt
Great comments! I am now 44 and still masterbate every single night and sometime much more. It is totally natural. Your post reminded me of highschool when I got a boner in chemistry class and was called to the chalk board to calculate a problem. I had to take a notebook with me to conceal the buldge in my pants! Funny now that I look back on it. And yes, I did it every dau first thing after school and ......

It is natural for men! You are not hurting anyone including yourself.

Closed Thread