It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-29-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
(male)

AU man HB User
Unhappy HELP! What is wrong with her vagina?

I've been with my girlfriend for a while now and she's great and all, but something seriously evil is going on between her legs. I mean, it's absolutely rancid and I can even smell it through her jeans, sometimes from a few metres away! We rarely have sex these days as I find myself stretching my nose towards the ceiling as far away as possible. Even after sex it manages to cling onto my fingers and penis for hours resulting in me not wanting to touch food or the TV remote.

I have never before been repulsed, to this extent, by a vagina. Why can't she smell it when it's only 2 feet away from her face? And why does she leave her brown/red stained underwear around the room? Is that related? It's all very strange as she is a very sensitive girl who gets embarrassed easily, yet doesn't seem to notice a problem. If that was my vagina I would not go out in public until I had scrubbed and disinfected it.

A while ago I made her go to the doctor because she was complaining of discomfort during sex. I was so happy because I thought the doctor would take a whiff and then medicate her, but later that night she came home and exclaimed that she was diagnosed as 100% healthy! I could not believe it! What is a guy to do??? I can't tell her to wash down there because I know she already does, besides, she'll probably cry. Maybe I can pop some medicine into her soup? I can no longer stomach this abuse of the senses, and if it continues I'm afraid I may need to break it off. Please help me...

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2009 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Vulgar language or unnecessary descriptions are not allowed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-29-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: HELP! What the hell is wrong with her vagina???

This is a very touchy subject but somehow you are going to have to tell her what you smell. And that you can smell her from a few feet away depending on the air flow. How about doing something like this....the next time you have sex if you can...anyway why not like get your hands covered in the 'smell' or put your underwear on right away then take them off and ask her to smell them to see if she can smell anything strange... get her jeans or under wear and ask her to smell either your hands or crotch of her jeans. Washing up the outside will not take the smell away as the smell/drainage is coming from the inside then she will need medicine. It sounds like a bacterial infection to have that raunchy smell and you too can become infected so you should actually tell her soon. Just be gentle about it all. And... are you sure she actually went to the doctor? because if it is that bad then that also might contribute to her discomfort...and surely the doctor would have noted that. It is strange that she doesn't smell it because women can always smell themselves. Or perhaps she just has a particular smell about her that only you notice? Whatever the case be sure you do it as she really needs to know before you move on. There shouldn't be any such smell coming from that area so something isn't right. good luck.

Old 06-29-2009, 01:02 AM   #3
(male)

AU man HB User

Thanksyou AnnD for taking the time to reply

All good ideas for breaking the "news" to her, but it will be a very difficult to do without making her feel awful. Maybe that is inevitable though because either way it will end in tears. I have tried small things like pretending to rest my head on her lap while holding my breath, and then suddenly moving away while "sniffing" the air and looking slightly disgusted, hoping that she would notice and be left wondering about her hygiene. Girls notice stuff like that, right? Hasn't seemed to work though and I can't bring myself to enlighten her anymore directly than that.

Good point about the doctor, maybe she didn't even go! I mean I didn't actually witness the "inspection". Maybe I can accompany her next time...somehow? But that's kinda creepy...

I know for a fact that I am not the only one that can smell her. I have had numerous conversations with her female best friend who is also a good friend of mine, and we are both out of ideas.

I guess you are right AnnD, I need to tell her no matter what the consequence, so I can get out of this prison of sexual funk I have found myself in.

Last edited by AU man; 06-29-2009 at 01:10 AM.

Old 06-29-2009, 08:09 AM   #4
(female)

angela5271 HB Userangela5271 HB User

EWW...

I'm not going to repeat everything what AnnD has said...as that was going to be my advice, but I did catch a line in your response, "I am not the only one that can smell her...her female best friend." My question...has her best friend mentioned this to her? I would think a female talking to her about such a sensitive subject would be less hurtful?

There is something definitely going on down there, and she needs to be checked. The vagina should NOT smell "rancid", a slight musky odor, sure, but anything beyond that is NOT normal. Something just occurred to me, could she have a forgotten tampon? That would cause a "rancid" smell.

Anyhow...good luck to you and I hope you & your girl discover what the issue is before it is too late.

Last edited by angela5271; 06-29-2009 at 08:10 AM.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:33 AM   #5
(male)

calmbloke HB User

<deleted>

I think you can either do what the above ladies have suggested or you might have to just put her sensitivity to one side (sensitive can just be a consequence or cover for being clueless) and just tell her straight that there's something seriously wrong down there and she needs to get it sorted or else Mini Me ain't making house calls any more! Seriously, whatever's going on down there (especially if it's an infection), you really don't want to be dipping into because at the very least you might get some form of urethritis.

If her friend has mentioned it too then there must be other people too who can notice it without having to be intimate with her and that is REALLY very gross indeed! If it's that bad there is no way a doctor would have given her a clean bill of health! I think she chickened out.

The friend seems to be on side if you've had lots of conversations about it - you could both approach her and direct her towards getting it sorted or perhaps just ask the friend (being a girl!) to have a discreet girly chat with her. Like it or not, you're going to have to embarrass her one way or another and this can't continue.

She needs some lessons in personal hygiene at the very least by the sound of it.

Last edited by Administrator; 06-29-2009 at 08:20 PM. Reason: inappropriate!

Old 06-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Mary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eew View Post
I have never before been repulsed, to this extent, by a vagina. Why can't she smell it when it's only 2 feet away from her face? And why the hell does she leave her brown/red stained underwear around the room for me to throw up on? Is that related? It's all very strange as she is a very sensitive girl who gets embarrassed easily, yet doesn't seem to notice a problem. If that was my vagina I would not go out in public until I had scrubbed and disinfected the crap out of it.
I'm curious by what you meant when you said she leaves her brown/red stained around the room? Are you sure she's not on her period? I don't understand why she would have brown/red stained underwear otherwise. If it is her period, then that explains the smell. But if the smell is there constantly, and the stained underwear, then it's something else.

Another question I have, is the smell "fishy" and/or "sour"? If so, it's probably a bacterial infection/yeast infection. As for the brown stained underwear, is she on any type of diet medications/pills?

Old 06-29-2009, 06:51 PM   #7
(male)

AU man HB User

@angela5271 & Calmbloke
Her friend is pretty much where I am now in regards to mentioning the subject and is also about as tactful as a brick in the face... so that's not really an option.

Also I don't believe she's been getting her period as she has one of those chip implant thingies in her arm... so unless that tampon has been living in there for months... *shudder*

@Mary83
Both the underwear and the scent are a constant nightmare.

As to the fishy/sour question, that is certainly not how I would describe the smell... I love seafood and lemon would be the perfect complement. I honestly don't know how to describe it... it truly is a unique beast.

She's not on any diet pills or taking any medication either...

Thank you all for the help... much appreciated.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 06-29-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Please do not comment on administration actions on the board. Use email. Thanks.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:08 PM   #8
(male)

pitcherred HB User
Re: HELP! What is wrong with her vagina?

there are few conditions where people lose there sense of smell....... mabe she really cant smell it.. also. its possible she has smell fatigue - it really does exist.. this like when u put on alot of parfume can smell at first but dont notice after an hour. also this happens with skunk too your senses literaly get confused from too much input and begin to fatigue- anyhow - i am shocked her dr said she was fine, my guess is she didnt go at all... pain or otehrwise.. not sure about her hygene some women dont wash inside - because they believe it flushes the healthy flora. anyhow it shouldnt smell like this even if she didnt wash unless it was a long time.. something is a miss. and needs medical treatment - its possible it can be yeast - but she would have ithcing and such that would make her go nuts... - i am not sure how u can put hands and stuff near her-- i had one woman - though i will need to amputate things to get rid of the smell but strange enough she seemed to have this periodically and not alaways so it seemed its just how long was she last washed.... but to have this always.. she needs more than hygene ofcourse u can take her in the bath and wash her yourself make a game about it,.. maybe she wont know uare actually trying to wash her - especially if she doesnt wash herself

Old 06-29-2009, 07:11 PM   #9
(male)

pitcherred HB User

oh also - i am going to bet she is a vegan....

deleted

often i have heard from ob/gyn that if women have protein deficiency they often smell very foul.. so that is somethign else to consider - what

deleted

is she eating?

Last edited by Administrator; 06-29-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: very inappropriate

Old 06-29-2009, 07:12 PM   #10
(male)

pitcherred HB User

if she wears spandex everyday and other non beathable clothing it can be a source of problems too

Old 06-29-2009, 07:48 PM   #11
(male)

AU man HB User

Cheers Pitcherred for the reply,

That's an interesting point you brought up about the "smell fatigue". Maybe she has become desensitised and really can't notice it.

She does wash down there quite regularly... well... at least whenever we share the shower, so I am thinking it must be something more sinister than poor hygiene.
She doesn't itch or scratch either, which you say is a sign of a yeast infection... but then her fingers often smell... different kind of smell though... hmmmm...

Like I said, it hasn't been easy and we rarely have sex now unless it's underwater or I am blind drunk, which surprisingly doesn't help so much.

Her diet is nothing out of the ordinary. She eats meat, fish, vegetables, fruit... all the good stuff. Doesn't drink much but smokes a lot.

Maybe I just need to invest in some latex gloves and nose plugs

Old 06-29-2009, 07:51 PM   #12
(male)

AU man HB User

Nah, half the time she wears skirts. No difference, although, the jeans do seem to contain the scent a little better so maybe they add to the festering.

Old 06-30-2009, 01:44 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

chocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB Userchocolate29 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU man View Post
Also I don't believe she's been getting her period as she has one of those chip implant thingies in her arm... so unless that tampon has been living in there for months... *shudder*
Ok....this is ONLY an opinion of mine as I haven't searched into the subject myself or anything. This is only an opinion.

It dawned on me that maybe the chip implant (which is an extremely unnatural thing for a woman to do to her body) is causing the disturbance in her body. (?) Maybe it works fine with some women and doesn't work so well with others. Everyone is different and has different reactions to major changes in their body.
It is only natural for a woman to have her monthly's and let the body do what it's supposed to do. Having a monthly is something the body does to cleanse and renew. Could it be that that is causing the smell? Is she on other medications or anything? Because that is just not natural to smell that way.
And it could be that her senses aren't that good and she doesn't even notice anything. You should tell her your concerns. That would be something to be worried about because something is NOT right. Let her know that you care about her health and maybe her friend can tell her too that way she doesn't think it's just you. But you need to get this taken care of, there is no need to put yourself through this.
I wish you the best

Old 06-30-2009, 03:17 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ksavage HB User

OK.....I would NOT have her friend talk to her. I would be humiliated if I had this problem and I found out that my guy & my BF had been talking about it behind my back. NOT COOL!

So....what you do is, sit her down or go for a walk or something and you need to ask her if she thought you had a problem, or was not happy with something about you when you had sex, would she tell you. Let her answer and then tell her how much you care about her and let her know that there is a major problem going on. I think you should both go to the Doctor together. If she has some type of infection, she could pass it on to you & from what I understand, you might not even know you have it. & then you two just keep passing it back and forth to eachother. But there is something going on. Are you sure she is not having periods? If she has the Norplant then I think some woman still do & some don't. But, she could have a lost tampon. It happened to my cousin & her husband said that he has never smelled anything so bad in his life. He said it was cross between dirty feet & a wet dog. (it is a joke between us & we can all laugh about it now) & She said she could not smell it.

You said that you have dropped a few hints. Do you think she is going overboard in the shower trying to clean herself? If she is using soap on the inside then that can through her Ph off and cause ALL kinds of problems.

TRUST me here on this one.....leave her BF out of this & do not let your girlfriend know that you two have been talking about her problem. That is worse than the problem itself if you ask me.

I think it would hurt her feelings worse if you did not come out and talk to her about it & it ruined your relationship. How old are you guys & how long have you been together anyway? Just curious, I do not think I read that anywhere.

Good luck to you & let us know what you decide to do!
K~

Old 06-30-2009, 04:17 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

Exactly how long has the "problem" been going on? Was there ever a time that you did not smell anything unusual? Is this a terribly young, or inexperienced woman?

I agree with the last poster who said you and the BF must never let your girlfriend know of your conversations about her. That would certainly crush her, and potentially ruin all of your relationships.

If you are her loving and caring boyfriend, you should be the one to discuss this, and help her with it. As awful as it sounds, the lost tampon (or other foreign object/lost condom) idea makes the most sense to me. I am a mature woman, and it is not as unusual as you might think. In my lifetime of experience, this is the first thing to check.

This may sound crass, but simply get in the shower, put on a glove and go in there and get it out for her. It's not that big of a deal. Be the man, and take care of your woman. Don't act shocked or grossed out or anything.

If you can find it, you will save your girlfriend of any embarrassment, and if not, it will open the door for the next step, which would be to take her to the doctor. That means take her, sit with her, wait for her, and support her.

Trust me, doctor's see this kind of thing everyday, and it should be dealt with openly and frankly...it is not that big of a deal. Jump in there and be the hero...Good luck!

Closed Thread