It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2009, 06:11 PM   #1
(female)

interstate495 HB User
Bi-sexual

I need some help to understand what this means, if you are attracted to both male and female is it like that for life or do you eventually go one way?
my daughter has dated males and has had female friends but now she has introduced us to a female she is dating.
I am confused and would like to understand more.

Thanks

Old 11-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

caberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB Usercaberg HB User
Re: Bi-sexual

It seems that some women jump from one team to another, and then back again, at various stages in life; whereas men tend to switch teams and remain there.

Why don't you ask her?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

interstate495 HB User

she told me she was dating someone she had met in work when I had arrived back from a long journey overseas and I was very tired, then she added that she was female.
I guess I had a gut feeling but always thought it was a passing phase that teenagers go through and I felt embarrassed to ask because it seemed so personal.
Just wondered if anyone else has experienced this with a daughter or even themselves and how did it all work out.
Thanks

Old 11-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

tommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB Usertommy124 HB User

Howdy, neighbor! We can't, at the most, be 30 miles away from each other.
No one knows, regardless of whether the person is male or female, if it is a passing phase, or will stay for life. The bisexual does not even know. I am a lifelong bisexual. I am also monogamous, and married. It is not a simple thing. I hope you, and she, find happiness, and love.

Old 11-05-2009, 07:14 PM   #5
(female)

interstate495 HB User

Thank you for your kind words, above anything else her being happy whether that means Bi-sexual or heterosexual is all that is important.

Old 11-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
(female)

jam17 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by interstate495 View Post
...above anything else her being happy whether that means Bi-sexual or heterosexual is all that is important.
Kudos to you!! the main thing is that she is Happy!!

I have been bi-sexual for many years. there are a LOT of people who are not comfortable with the fact woman and men can enjoy time with both sexes.

In my journey for finding myself, i have met a lot of people who have "fluttered" in and out of being bi, tried it and didnt like it, tried it and stayed with someone of the same sex or just said this is not right for them. IMO, it is up to the person for the decision to be made how they feel.

The key to remember for a family member watching is that being in a relationship with someone of the same sex is JUST like being in a relationship with someone of the opposite sex. There will be good times and bad times. Issues that come up in hetero relationships are brought up in Bi/gay relationships.

Old 11-21-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
(female)

interstate495 HB User

Thanks for explaining that, I did wonder if there were the same issues as there are in a heterosexual relationship but if you think about there has to be, we all want to feel loved
and appreciated, we all have are money issues are job issues etc so wether you are two females or two males you still have to work at any relationship.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:44 AM   #8
(female)

jam17 HB User

*smiles* Glad you understood that.

Yes the issues are the same.. The same good things.. and the same bad things can happen.. There will be "cuddle" times... and all-out brawls.. just have to go with the flow and let things happen how they will.

With out sounding too harsh.... Bisexuals have the best of both worlds.. they can look at both sexes and appreciate a HUMAN for their attributes. I have had many boyfriends and male friends, that it took them a while to get used to the fact that .. I am oogling at a pretty girl just as much as they are.

I wish you and your daughter the best of luck! and she is lucky to have her moms support.

Closed Thread