It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2010, 11:08 PM   #1
(male)

DanBama73 HB User
Can enlarged prostate cause sexual problems?

Right now I'm dealing with the liver disease I was just diagnosed with. But, I'm wondering if something is seriously wrong with my prostate. The nurse wondered in the hospital if I might have an enlarged prostate because she was having so much trouble inserting the catheter. Since I got out of the hospital and got back to normal at home, I've attempted to masturbate. I can barely maintain an erection for one thing. The other thing that has never happened is I'm as close as I can be to ejaculation, but nothing happens and I immediately lose the erection. I wouldn't worry, but it's happened 3 times. I'm wondering if this may be another problem caused by the liver disease.

Old 11-14-2010, 02:53 PM   #2
(male)

rbbb HB Userrbbb HB Userrbbb HB User
Re: Can enlarged prostate cause sexual problems?

Yes an enlarged prostate can cause ED symptoms .. maybe very little at first but progressing over the years. The enlarging prostate will start pressing against the two nerve bundles that control erections causing some distress to them (maybe pressing the arteries that supply blood for erections too?) and you can get the ED symptoms like you described (can get erection but not maintain). The good news is, ED meds can reduce the symptoms, but maybe not completely. Your doc can easily tell you whether you have just some enlargement or a lot. An ultrasound could give you a more definitive size but the doc can usually estimate pretty well just from a DRE. How old are you? Any high blood pressure also? Or diabetes? Both would also add to ED symptoms. Not sure if liver disease would also contribute.

Last edited by rbbb; 11-14-2010 at 03:17 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread