It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
(male)

Additional HB User
Unhappy Genital Herpes

I have a small white bump on penis and a few little bumps on the sack. At first I thought they were Penile Bumps or skin tags..so I went to Planned parenthood and the doctor thinks its gential warts. I just started dating this girl so i didnt get them from her. But we had sex and oral was involved and because I just found out that I might have these warts I am freaking out I might have given them to my new girlfriend...so my question is could i have given her HPV? Can i use wart removal sold over-the-counter to remove them? If she has the HPV vaccine is she going to be ok?

Old 01-19-2011, 12:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User
Re: Gential Herpes

Just FYI, HPV is not herpes. Herpes is cold sore-like lesions on the genital and surrounding area.

It's good that she had the vaccine, I am thinking it will protect her...but others who know better may be able to answer you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

Mary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB UserMary83 HB User

Have you always had these or did they just appear? Do you know where you may have gotten them?

I know you went to the doctor and he/she seems to think they're genital herpes, but if you're not sure, I would research it more for yourself. Even look up pictures of herpes to compare. There is a possibility that they are just benign cysts, which is common on the testicles. However, you also mentioned that you have one on your penis, and I'm not sure cysts appear on the penis.

Unfortunately, if it is genital herpes, there's a good chance she could have gotten it. Were they present when you had sex and/or oral sex? If you had no bumps at the time (an outbreak), her chances of getting it are low, but if they were present at the time, her chances are high.

Last edited by Mary83; 01-19-2011 at 03:10 PM.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
(male)

Additional HB User

IF my girlfriend got the HPV vaccine...can she get gential warts or be affected!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

CadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB UserCadenceA HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary83 View Post
Have you always had these or did they just appear? Do you know where you may have gotten them?

I know you went to the doctor and he/she seems to think they're genital herpes, but if you're not sure, I would research it more for yourself. Even look up pictures of herpes to compare. There is a possibility that they are just benign cysts, which is common on the testicles. However, you also mentioned that you have one on your penis, and I'm not sure cysts appear on the penis.

Unfortunately, if it is genital herpes, there's a good chance she could have gotten it. Were they present when you had sex and/or oral sex? If you had no bumps at the time (an outbreak), her chances of getting it are low, but if they were present at the time, her chances are high.
He's saying the doctor told him he has genital warts, not herpes.

Not sure if the vaccine will prevent or just give extra protection. Maybe look up online for answers.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:16 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Additional View Post
IF my girlfriend got the HPV vaccine...can she get gential warts or be affected!
It would depend on which type of vaccine she got. There are 2 main type: one that protects against the 4 most common strains of HPV (2 that can cause cervical cancer, and 2 that cause most cases of genital warts); and one that just protects against the 2 types that can cause cervical cancer.

And don't forget that there are over a hundred different strains of HPV, the vaccines are only meant to protect against the most common ones, so even if she did get the vaccine, it's not a hundred percent protection, just really really good protection.

Closed Thread