It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
(female)

EllieEgoism88 HB User
Worried...

Hi....

I really just need some help with some mental issues I'm having.
I'm a 17 almost 18 year old girl and still a virgin... (That's not the problem just for reference.)

The problem is I can't stand talking to people about them having sex, I'm not sure why but the thought makes me awkward. About 2 summers ago I started becoming very judgmental of non virgins. It has come to a point where it can actually make or break any type of relationship for me. The thought of someone having sex actually makes me nauseous. I'm not sure what to do because what other people do shouldn't affect me but it does so badly.

I have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and I'm not to worried about having to have sex anytime soon, but when I'm a few years older and lets say this relationship doesn't work, another problem comes in to play because I will almost be 20 and at that age it is almost impossible to find a virgin who is attractive to my liking... and doesn't drink or do illegal substances.... but that's besides the point

I am going insane thinking about it, its so bad that the first thing i wonder when I look at someone is if they are a virgin or not...

I was never sexually abused and the thought of me having it doesn't scare me much, its mainly just everyone else around me... I don't believe in sex outside of love and I mean real love, not a couple of months or a year or so I mean real in for the long run type of love.

I need help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-02-2011, 02:33 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User
Re: Worried...

Hi there!
People might say to you that you are too strict with yourself and others but I would say that it is very rare to find youngsters these days to put love before sex and really view the opposite sex as human beings and not love machines.
So, congratulations!
The only issue I can pick on is the fact that you have become
a little anxious about finding the right ( virgin) girl. I wouldn't care too much about this because there must be girls in your community who share your views and when the time comes to share your life with one of them, you will find them.
Just enoy life as it comes and if you can pray, assign it to God to help you as and when He deems appropriate.
Take care

Old 07-02-2011, 06:17 AM   #3
(female)

Jackie1234 HB User

She is a girl, so I think she will be looking for a man

Old 07-02-2011, 07:47 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB UserKali333 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieEgoism88 View Post
Hi....

I really just need some help with some mental issues I'm having.
I'm a 17 almost 18 year old girl and still a virgin... (That's not the problem just for reference.)

The problem is I can't stand talking to people about them having sex, I'm not sure why but the thought makes me awkward. About 2 summers ago I started becoming very judgmental of non virgins. It has come to a point where it can actually make or break any type of relationship for me. The thought of someone having sex actually makes me nauseous. I'm not sure what to do because what other people do shouldn't affect me but it does so badly.

I have been in a relationship for almost 2 years and I'm not to worried about having to have sex anytime soon, but when I'm a few years older and lets say this relationship doesn't work, another problem comes in to play because I will almost be 20 and at that age it is almost impossible to find a virgin who is attractive to my liking... and doesn't drink or do illegal substances.... but that's besides the point

I am going insane thinking about it, its so bad that the first thing i wonder when I look at someone is if they are a virgin or not...

I was never sexually abused and the thought of me having it doesn't scare me much, its mainly just everyone else around me... I don't believe in sex outside of love and I mean real love, not a couple of months or a year or so I mean real in for the long run type of love.

I need help...
I think perhaps you should seek some counseling.
This doesn't sound normal at all, and it may cripple your future relationships if you don't find a way to get it under control.

Best of luck!

Old 07-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

thaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB Userthaliak HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie1234 View Post
She is a girl, so I think she will be looking for a man
Yes, Sorry!!!!
Mea Culpa.
Still what I said stands.

Old 07-02-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
(female)

EllieEgoism88 HB User

Well my family is not in any way helpful because they all have or had slept around and I wonder if I'm just judgmental of them because I'm disappointed and it spread to other people?

On top of that my sister always says I'm a prude and it makes me feel worse about my choices...

Thanks

Oh and my family cant afford counseling

Last edited by EllieEgoism88; 07-02-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Closed Thread