It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2003, 08:20 PM   #1

snowlover1969 HB User
Question hard time ejaculating

This may be a strange question. I have a hard time ejaculating. I seem to last forever. I don't have a problem maintaining an erection and can usually go for an hour or more without any problem. My girlfriend likes it sometimes, but she'd also like to have a quickie now and then. The problem isn't sexual attraction...she's smoking hot and turns me on everytime I look at her. I asked her if I should talk to a doctor about it and she said the doctor would probably laugh me out of the room.
Anyway I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to finish quicker. I know they make desensitizing gel for people that suffer from premature ejaculation. Do they make anything for those of us with the opposite problem ?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-01-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
(male)

Jim1961 HB User
If you're taking ANY type of medication; antidepressants, St. John's, Prozac, etc., that'll do it for sure. If not that, ask her to egg you on by talking dirty or something.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
(male)

bphilipb HB User
The problem you speak of is called delayed ejaculation. You can do a search on the internet and find lots of helpful sites on the subject. There are many different causes for this one could be you are either masterbating too much or being too rough with yourself when you masterbate. Your girlfriend can't simulate the tightness of your grip or exactly how you get yourself off. It could be something mentally holding you back from finishing. In this case it is best to see a conselor to talk about what maybe holding you back. It also could be something on your end in which case it would be best to check with a urologist to make sure everything is working properly. These are just some of the possible causes. Do some research and then get some help. Try not to put too much pressure on yourself to orgasm because that builds up anxiety which makes the problem worse. Just try and enjoy the ride whether you orgasm or not. Make sure she understands that if you don't orgasm from her it is ok. Try and relax and see what happens.

Good luck.

------------------
BB

Old 06-03-2003, 03:31 PM   #4
(male)

WesCorb HB User
I was just wondering how old you are,and if this is some new thing that's happening.If you are in your forties or older it could just be some passing phase as your hormone levels change.

Old 06-05-2003, 07:32 AM   #5

snowlover1969 HB User
I'm 34, work out regularly, and I'm in exceptional health. Someone mentioned drugs may be the problem. I don't take any prescription drugs or use any recreational drugs. I do take a multi-vitamin, saw palmeto, ginko biloba, and a colloidal mineral supplement though.
This isn't really a new thing, but as I get older I seem to last longer and longer. As I said before I have no problem maintaining an erection....just have a difficult time finishing.

Old 06-08-2003, 10:45 PM   #6

thetru HB User
Snowlover are you cut ?
The glans of cut men lose sensativity thus trouble
ejaculating.

Old 06-09-2003, 08:58 PM   #7

snowlover1969 HB User
by cut I assume you mean circumsized...yes

Old 06-09-2003, 11:21 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User
Another question for you, how does the amount of time you spend 'lasting forever' with your girlfriend compare to how long it takes when you masturbate?

And a comment: I don't think a doctor would "laugh you out of the room" if you asked about wanting to reach orgam more quickly. While many guys no doubt want to last longer, the extreme opposite can be a problem too, and your doctor should be able to appreciate that. If nothing else, your doctor might be able to tell you what is average, what constitutes a "problem" and give you an idea of what happens to men as they get older in general.

Old 06-10-2003, 01:13 PM   #9
Veteran

RageOfAngels HB User
Snowlover,

Just a thought to throw out, but sometimes I hear that the problem could be psychological and not physical. The problem usually is one with intimacy and being able to "let go" and be vulnerable to your partner. Anyway, just an idea to consider exploring if you think that may be an issue.

-Al

Old 06-23-2003, 02:52 AM   #10

jordanhailey HB User
Wink

All I can say is that you have the luckiest girlfriend in the world. I wish my husband had your problem. Good Luck with it.

Closed Thread