It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #1
(female)

Decelli HB User
Unhappy Decreased Sex Drive at 21 Years Old

I am 21 years old and have recently been experiencing some strange changes over the last 3 months.

Originally I noticed myself being a little withdrawn from my normal social activities, but nothing alarming, Slowly I started noticing my hair falling out. Then I began having sensitivity to heat and cold. i would have the AC in my apartment at 62 degrees and I would be walking around sweating. I was feeling extremely fatigued, feeling emotionally NUMB, as if i wasn't able to feel happiness, sadness, or anything besides anger, and lastly I noticed my sex drive beginning to slowly decrease to the point where I feel it has reached rock bottom.

I went to the doctor and had them do a full spectrum blood test. My doctor had predicted my thyroid as being the issue, but the blood tests proved that it was fine. What they did find was an extreme iron deficiency. or rather my blood was not binding to the iron. I was put on a medication called Hemocyte. Upon beginning my therapy I have noticed my fatigue has been reduced by about 75%, that part of my problem has been improved greatly.

At this point my sex drive is causing huge problems with my personal life, Its not just my sex drive, its my desire towards anything remotely intimate, I simply want nothing to do with it. I can't explain it very well, besides the fact that no matter what I can not get myself in the mood to be romantic, sexual, or even cuddly with my boyfriend.

I am getting scared, and many of my symptoms are still prevalent. What is wrong with me? I'm 21 years old, I shouldn't be dealing with no sex drive. I'm scared, and I feel like I can't explain myself any more than I already have to my doctors.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread