It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2011, 01:39 PM   #1
(male)

1confused18yrld HB User
My girlfriend gets a UTI everytime I touch her or go down on her.

So im 18 and my girlfriend is 20. We have been dating for about 7 months. She didn't bring it up to me at first(i guess it wasn't as severe) But after she got a pretty serious UTI(couple months in), she doesn't let me go down on her anymore or touch her vaginal area. And if I happened to get the chance to, she will complain of a UTI the next morning. I wash my hands when im with her every time, she has tried taking cranberry vitamins and peeing before and after nothing has helped. It doesn't happen when we have sex, but does if i touch her. Does anyone have any advice? Also could she be overreacting and it not be a UTI every time? Am I being a jerk for wanting to be active with her vagina =/?

Old 10-11-2011, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: My girlfriend gets a UTI everytime I touch her or go down on her.

What many young men don't recognize is that the female genitals are a lot more delicate than the male. Perhaps if you just avoid touching any of the more delicate areas, which are the ones where hair does not grow? She may just be too shy to tell you when you cross over the line into rubbing too hard.

What does her gynecologist have to say about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2011, 11:00 AM   #3
(female)

Just Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB UserJust Tell Me HB User

I think many women have this problem when they first become sexually active since foreign bacteria is being introduced to the genital area and most women's bodies will become accustomed to it once they learn a little caution about urination, hydration with water and cranberry juice and other probiotic measures. However, there are SOME women who are more predisposed to UTI's and there are some bacteria that has become resistant to antibiotics making these unfortunate women suffer sometimes endlessly for years. What's worse is that unless the woman gets adaquate and experienced medical attention, she's likely to develope emotional problems with physiocal intimacy as well. If you've been sexually involved for 7 months and this has been happening to her the entire 7 months, her urinary symptoms now would be considered chronic in nature and really needs to be addressed by a urologist, preferably one that has a background in female, not male, urological problems. Only a Dr can truely rule out or in what's going on. She should start with her primary care Dr or GYN provider and tell them exactly what and how long these symptoms have been occuring/re-occuring and ask for a referal to see a urologist for an IVP ( Intravenous pyelogram ). This will allow the Dr to check for any abnormal anatomy that may be contributing as well as rule out, or in, the Dx of interstitual cystitis which causes the same symptoms but isn't caused by infective bacteria as it does with the the usual UTI and requires a different course of treatment. Experiencing pain with or after intimacy isn't normal and I would over react if it happened to me every time too. The symptoms of UTI and IC are unpleasant to say the least and at the worst can make a person, not just women, miserable. She as well as you deserve better and the only way it's going to get better is to seek medical advice from a qualified physician, not one that's going to dismiss her with the usuall Rx for an ineffective antibiotic.

Old 10-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
(female)

Biofreak HB User

Some girls are very, very sensitive down there.... She may have Vaginitis which has some similar simptoms--- tell her to get checked out!

Closed Thread