It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2011, 05:44 AM   #1
(male)

vatsalanand0077 HB User
Smile Sex education in schools

most of the sex related problems in men and women arose due to the fact that we are unaware of the situation that is caused due to our lack of knowledge in sex. In this respect i would like to ask would making sex education compulsory in schools will help the due course of action towards the tropic.

The Following User Says Thank You to vatsalanand0077 For This Useful Post:
abusayeed (12-06-2011)
Old 11-10-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
(female)

FranPam HB User
Re: Sex education in schools

I agree that sex education should be taught in schools. My husband and I have been married for four years and we still have no idea what we are doing sexually. By the time sex education is taught, which is in high school most people either know about sex by doing it or they know absolutely nothing about it. My husband and I are in the latter catagory.

After four years it seems to have improved but for some reason he has great difficulty entering me and I don't know if it is from inexperience on both of our parts or I have a vaginism.

We could go to a sex therapist but they charge anywhere from seventy five to two hundred dollars a session and it is not covered by most health insurance policies. I'm not saying we should be exposed to sex unless we are ready but I feel that if there was sex education when my husband and I were younger we wouldn't be struggling sexually today and we wouldn't have to rely on sex therapists today.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-11-2011 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Unnecessary information removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
(male)

davee76 HB User

I think we need as much sex ed as possible and as early as possible!!

Old 12-09-2011, 08:52 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

I remember when I was still in school they taught us sex ed in 5th grade then again in like 10th grade. But judging by some of the ridiculous questions I've seen here from teenagers about possible pregnancy, it's pretty clear they are not being taught even the basics of where babies come from! So I agree that way more sex Ed is needed in schools because kids today don't even have a clue about how pregnancy occurs! I'm not sure when it was changed, all I know is that we were required to take the class twice. But based on questions I've seen on here, these kids don't have the first clue and that's why they need more education about it!

Old 12-09-2011, 09:46 AM   #5
(male)

tariq456 HB User

Yes I agree with your post!Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-11-2011, 11:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

Teaching kids about reproduction is one thing - and I agree that they need to learn it a lot better - but you and FranPam are suggesting teaching them about lovemaking which is something else entirely! wow!

Seriously, are you saying "sex education" in schools should include how to pleasure your partner and other intimate things?

As openminded as I am, I'd have to disagree completely. I'm 100% for teaching kids about reproduction and safe sex at the appropriate age, but I don't think grade school, middle school or high school is the place to be teaching how to have pleasurable/successful sexual relations with your partner.

Save that for the college-level human sexuality courses - which do exist.

Last edited by Thisby; 12-11-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Closed Thread