It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
(male)

zmrstk002 HB User
Wifeís slow sex drive

Good evening I am looking for advice, I have been married with my wife 2 years now. For whom I love very much, we are a young couple with no children I am 27 and my wife is 25. But I feel that over the last year or so her sex drive has dropped, to the point where most week we have sex once a week.
When we first meet we had long distance relationship so when we where together we made the most of it. But even then it was not every night, when we where first married we had sex 3 or 4 times and week but this has now dropped.
We still have a very close and loving relationship lot of kissing and cuddles, but when ever I try to instigate sex she is either tried or tries to put in off. I would say that it is always me that tries to instigate 9 out of 10 times. She does work hard some days and I understand this but so do I and I always try to make the effort.
So now I am really looking for advice on what to do and how to improve the situation. I have tried to talk about different locations or lingerie things like this, but again she does seem to go for it. She is on the pill and I have read that this can affect her sex drive.

If anybody has experience with a situation like this or advice it would be very welcomed.

Thank you

Old 11-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Wifeís slow sex drive

Hi,
It sounds like you have a close and loving relationship, so I would say
that the pill is most likely playing a significant part in her low sex drive. It certainly did for me and I was on it for a good many years.
It wasn't until I came of it that I realised just how big a part it had played in diminishing sexual feelings, they returned soon after.
Of course there could be other factors such as tiredness or feeling unwell.
Your wife might consider another form of contraception, she should talk with her Dr or family planing Nurse.
All the best,
Solofelix.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread