It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2011, 06:15 PM   #1
(female)

Coles1988 HB User
Getting a Yeast infection or Bacterial infection after sex

I am wondering if I am the only person the constantly gets either a yeast infection or bacterial infection after sex. Usually the next day after I have sex I have symptoms of one or the either. I know we are not transmitting anything back and forth bc he has been tested before. Is there any reason that this would be happening. Is anyone else having this same problem? I have IC (Intercystial cystitis) and VUR (backwards reflux of the kidneys) So when I have sex it already hurts and this added on I'm not sure what to do. I have only had one partner for the past 6 years. Not sure what it is so any responses would be helpful. And to treat yeast infections i cannot eat yogurt bc for some reason I get sick about 20-30 minutes after eating it. Im in the process of trying to cure or prevent both with garlic pills and acidipholus (not sure how to spell it yogurt in a pill) Hoping this works or helps even a little.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: Getting a Yeast infection or Bacterial infection after sex

Hi,my sister frequently gets yeast infections and bacterial infections after sex.
There are some home remedies you could try...
If you can't eat yogurt,some women just put the yogurt right inside the vagina.
Or you could get acidiophillis supplements and insert them into the vagina.
Those will help with yeast infections.

There is something called RepHresh that is supposed to keep the PH of your vagina at the right levels and that may help with avoiding a bacterial infection.
There is a gel you can insert into your vagina,and there is also something called
RepHresh Pro-B which is a daily capsule you take orally that is supposed to help combat both a yeast and bacterial issue.

Another thing I have read about is that some women like to use peroxide almost as a douche.The vagina naturally creates peroxide,so using peroxide helps keep levels of bacteria balanced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-16-2011, 11:46 PM   #3
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User

Hi, there are creams, tablets and Ointments or suppositories that are inserted into the vagina to treat a vaginal yeast intection. Pain during sex is one of the signs of a vaginal yeast infection. Douching is not a good way to treat a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis and that's how a female get a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis from. Douching upsets the good bacteria in the vagina. Douching should be done if a doctor says it's necessary. A female can also get bacterial vaginosis from douching or having a new sex partner or multiple sex partners. Bacterial vaginosis is treat by antibiotic medicines. Also a male can get yeast infections from thier female partner from having unprotected sex. For bacterial vaginosis men cannot get it. Only famales can.

Last edited by Vanilla Kiss; 11-16-2011 at 11:54 PM.

Old 11-17-2011, 07:13 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Kiss View Post
Douching is not a good way to treat a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis and that's how a female get a yeast infection or bacterial vaginosis from. Douching upsets the good bacteria in the vagina. Douching should be done if a doctor says it's necessary.
Vanilla Kiss is right, and I wasn't implying you should use regular douche.
But peroxide is a known home remedy for a lot of women who frequently get BV when the antibiotics don't help.
There are forums of frustrated women saying that the BV always comes back
after antibiotic use because it is only a temporary cure and kills off all the good bacteria too.
Peroxide sets the right environment for the vagina to have good bacteria.
It should not be used all the time,but can be helpful for BV.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-17-2011 at 04:02 PM. Reason: Please direct your answer to the original poster.

Old 11-17-2011, 02:27 PM   #5
(female)

Coles1988 HB User

Def. going to try the rephresh pro-b product, i read the reviews on it so I will be on my way to the store here in a few. Thanks for the responses. About the douching I'm not allowed to do that because it causes flare ups with my ic. I'm hoping that this will help sex wise to. I read a review that said she couldn't have sex bc the infections plus she had ic too and once she started the rephresh after a few weeks she could finally be intimate with her husband. If this is the answer to my questions a huge lift will be off of my shoulders. Once I have a few days to try the product I will respond with the results...SO excited I know it seems so small but Ive been dealing with this for 6 years.

Old 11-17-2011, 03:34 PM   #6
(female)

Vanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB UserVanilla Kiss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenItRains View Post
Vanilla Kiss is right, and I wasn't implying you should use regular douche.
But peroxide is a known home remedy for a lot of women who frequently get BV when the antibiotics don't help.
There are forums of frustrated women saying that the BV always comes back
after antibiotic use because it is only a temporary cure and kills off all the good bacteria too.
Peroxide sets the right environment for the vagina to have good bacteria.
It should not be used all the time,but can be helpful for BV.
WhenItRains is right about BV does come back. A female's can get BV again even after being treated. Antibiotics and medicines can upset the good bacteria and kill the bad bacteria at the same time. But they are not the only 2 things that can upset the good bacteria. I know there are alot frustrated female's out there that have problems with BV or Vaginal Yeast Infections. It can be a very frustrating problem to deal with.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 11-17-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Please direct your answers to the original poster.

Closed Thread