It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #1
(female)

kiaraachilles HB User
Bloody urine-NOT UTI...sexually related??

I had unprotected sex with my fiance on December 19th 2011 and again the following day except this time with a condom. The first day of my last menstrual period was December 12, 2011 and ended December 17th. My cycle is 28 days. Anyway, on December 23, I noticed I was urinating straight blood. There appeared to be no urine just straight blood. I really didn't have any obvious pain just slight discomfort while urinating. I went to the doctor, had a urine test done and they told me I had a severe bladder infection and gave me antibiotics. The antibiotics seemed to work and I started to urinate normally. But about three days later the doctor called back to tell me that it actually wasn't a bladder infection but might be related to sexual activity. I'm due on the 14th of January for another appointment but I am worried in the meantime, driving myself crazy looking up possible symptoms. If not a UTI, what was that blood? It hasn't happened again, but I don't understand how they could know that the bloody urine was related to sex. If it had been a rupture from sex, wouldn't the blood have been coming from my vagina and not my pee hole? I watched myself urinate that day and the blood seemed to be coming from my pee hole. A few people have told me it could be pregnancy, but I wasn't due to ovulate until a few days after I had sex (however I recently learned that you are actually most fertile right before ovulation and the sperm, under good conditions, can live for a few days inside you and wait for an egg to release). What else could this blood have been and how can it be related to sexual activity? Sorry for the lengthy question. Thank you in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread