It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-16-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
(female)

justme8912 HB User
body has no drive mind wants it though

Hi I am new on here. I am 23 years old and in a happy marriage. I just had my second child 6 months ago. Since a couple months after I got married, my sex drive has disappeared. When we first hooked up, I was a nymphomanic. My husband has a high drive. Mentally I am all there until we actually start having sex then other things always intrude. I can't get my mind to stay on sex, and my body doesn't get anywhere with it. My husband goes down on me regularly, and does everything he can to get me off, but I can't. I don't really enjoy oral, giving or receiving, or regular sex anymore. The strange thing is I can masterbate all day long and almost orgasm. But I have never orgasm'd. I want to be able to be the woman he wants. I would love to be able to give him anal, head, or whatever form of sex he wanted. I feel broke and worthless. What is wrong with me??

Last edited by Mod-S4; 03-17-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: Terminology.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 03:15 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

WhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB UserWhenItRains HB User
Re: body has no drive mind wants it though

You should have your hormones checked.Childbirth can do a number on your sex drive sometimes.Plus,if you are on any medications or birth control,that could be your culprit.
Other times a change of scenery helps away from the children.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 02:21 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Your young, sounds like your in a semi-new marriage and you have two young children pretty close together it seems. Your body's been through a lot. It can take a year or so for a women's body to bounce back after childbirth and when you have children back to back or close together it takes alot out of you. Not to mention the fact that your taking care of 2 young children all day and probably not getting much sleep at night. Give yourself a break girl!

Have you talked to your OB/GYN about this problem? He could decide if you need some temporary hormones or hormone suppositories or some other form of treatment to help you respond to your husband.

And what "WhenitRains" says is very true, a change of scenery away from the house and the kids can do wonders. Can you and hubby take a weekend get away and spend some quality time relaxing and just being with each other?

There are things that can help your situation, talk to your OB/GYN and don't be embarrased, plenty of other women go through these same problems.

Hang in there and take care,

Kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
justme8912 (04-23-2012)
Old 04-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #4
(female)

justme8912 HB User

I have been married about four years now, I am on an anti depressant, allergy/asthma med, and I have mirena. I spoke to my obgyn and she said its all in my head, that I must not really want my husband.....He is all I can think about half the time...I have not been away from my kids since they were born. Thank you so much for your advice. I will talk to a new OB after I move back to the south.

Old 04-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

katlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB Userkatlin09 HB User

Hon, definitely talk to a new OB/GYN, your old doc was awful and should not have told you that. Anti-Depressants can ruin your sex drive, wipe it out completely. Your asthma/allergy meds generally have an anti-histamine in them, anti-histamines dry your body out, including vaginal secretions, which also make sex difficult and not much fun. You've got a lot going on and several things that contribute to your problem, it's not all in your head. There are things they can give you to help. When you see your new OB/GYN mention estrogen suppositories, they're specifically for situations arising from vaginal dryness and low sex drive from medications.

Hang in there,

kat

The Following User Says Thank You to katlin09 For This Useful Post:
justme8912 (04-23-2012)
Old 04-23-2012, 10:28 PM   #6
(female)

justme8912 HB User

Thanks Kat. especially for that information. I am definately going to ask about that.

Closed Thread