It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
(male)

confused2012222 HB User
Thrush - Reoccurring issue with Sexual Partners

Hi people,

I'm starting to get a little concerned and more importantly worrying about my partner!

Basically the last 3 sexual partners I've had have all developed thrush shortly after starting sexual intercourse with me. Most have had it before but it seems like when I'm in a committed relationship my partner tends to get it every couple of months or so.

Here is a bit of further info,

Partner is on the pill therefore we don't use condoms
I'm VERY clean and particular "down there". Always make sure he's cleaned properly in the shower!
No other health issues that I'm aware of
Always treat myself for Thrush when my partner has to stop any chance of re-infection
I'm tested for STD's regularly, always clear

As silly as it sounds when the past 3 sexual partners seem to suffer the same way and have never before it can't help make me feel like there's something dodgy about my little fella or my sperm! Silly I know but can anyone shed some light on the matter?

The doctor says if my STD tests come back clear then its not me but I can't see how not and I hate seeing her uncomfortable.

Thanks in advance,
Concerned_2012

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #2
(female)

nahla HB User
Re: Thrush - Reoccurring issue with Sexual Partners

Sounds like you have a yeast infection and are spreading it to your partner. Men can have yeast infections and not have any symptoms. I know you said you were tested for stds, but have you been tested for thrush or yeast infection yourself (thrush is not an std)? The only way you would be causing this to happen, is if you yourself were carrying it. If you are, its not anything uncommon or hard to treat. Talk to your doc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread