It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2012, 06:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(male)

Lance2 HB UserLance2 HB UserLance2 HB User
thrush & oral sex

I recently had a cyst removed from my back shoulder blade and after a week my doc put me on an antibiotic to prevent an infection from getting worse. Now into the 3rd week of recovery, today I was diagnosed with oral thrush as a result of the antibiotic. Seems to be mild and may be quick to recover.

As a bisexual male with some plans this week to meet up with a friend for some fun, I wonder about giving oral sex to him - is there danger in transmission to his penis? How about kissing/making out? I am on a mouth wash treatment for up to 10 days and hope that by the weekend things will be better. Should I not plan to meet up with him?

Old 05-22-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
(female)

xquid HB User
Re: male on male Oral sex and thrush

Postpone your plans. Thrush is a yeast infection that can spread to throat and esophagus. You may read online that it's not communicable, and so it isn't--in social situations. Exchange of fluids is another story; mothers and infants often pass it back and forth to each other during breastfeeding. Why take a chance?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread