It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
(male)

jamesinUK HB User
Do i have oral thrush or something worse?

I have a mild sore throat (nothin bad), a few days later this has eased and is only there very slightly now, but i then started getting a very tingerly tongue at the tip and hurt a little to rub my teeth with my tongue, also under my tongue (tongue web part) also stings a bit and has some white lumps on and like whitish patches (not loads) but is a bit sore when yawning etc..

james

Last edited by jamesinUK; 07-13-2012 at 12:36 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-23-2012, 10:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Do i have oral thrush or something worse?

Lay off the mouthwash for a couple of days; get a better idea of what is going on. If it persists, the see a pharmacist to recommend a topical treatment (probably spray or paint). It may be thrush, or simply a bit of local inflammation. Either way, quite treatable. Sera

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-24-2012, 06:38 AM   #3
(male)

jamesinUK HB User
Re: Do i have oral thrush or something worse?

thanks for your reply, i was worrying it could be an oral sti, but looking at the symptoms, it led to to feel it was oral thrush which i think ive got from over using my mouthwash.

I done as you mentioned and have not used it yesterday and today up to now (just done my teeth like normal) as the white lumpy looking stuff under my tongue seems to be clearing a little already, not sure if its directly because of not using the mouthwash, but is a good sign either way.

Im really embaressed about going to a sec clinic and asking for a mouth swab, do you think given my symptoms etc i can probably assume im fine and was just thrush?

Closed Thread