It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 03:02 AM   #1
(female)

AdelleInvisible HB User
low libido from birth control

Is there any recommendations, even foods, exercises etc that anyone has experienced with to increase their female libido? I am only 23 and an ovarian tumor survivor, although not with out the loss of my left ovarie. I want to feel alive and sexual again. I am %100 sure my BC makes me feel this way and I continue to search for the best one with the lowest sid effects.. I dont want to feel guilty that Im the one who quit on my partner. He deserves my everything.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:21 AM   #2
(female)

vegie gal HB User
Re: low libido from birth control

i understand what you are going through....i have tried so many bc pills and they just dont agree with me....i had low libido with all of them....maybe your body is just one like my that the bc pill doesnt agree with.....have you tried non hormonal birth control?...i had success with a copper IUD and another is the nuva ring...that one has hormones in it but i found it to be ok....the nuva ring did not agree with my boyfriend it affected his penis..also the best result of all is condoms..good luck to you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
(female)

NatePanda HB UserNatePanda HB User

I think this is my problem, same age as you, no libido. I take microgan 30 an been on it 7 years and never had a big libido, came off it to hopefully change to another pill but the side effects scared me on other things and then I got loads of withdrawal symptoms from coming off the microgan for 2 months. Was horrible, thought I was pregnant, nearly lost my job from being sick so much... was horrid!

Have you considered getting some sexy underwear, it's one thing that helps me, especially if you set it up, candles, nice underwear, slip, sexy texts before they come over.

Old 07-27-2012, 05:28 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

wachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB User

Use condoms instead of hormones. If the standard silicone lubrication bothers you, try water based or even get dry condoms which you can lubricate yourself.

You can also learn to chart your fertile days and then have 100% natural sex on the days where it is safe. It takes dedication and careful monitoring of temperature and mucus viscosity, so it's best done by people used to keeping track of things.

Closed Thread