It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2012, 06:54 AM   #1
(male)

SurfMeister HB User
Condom broke during sex

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum and had a pretty straightforward question to ask.

I've been dating this girl and she and I were having sex this past weekend. Each time we used a condom (probably had sex about 10 times in 3 days) and each time I confirmed after I ejaculated that the condom did not break.

However, there was one instance when she and I were fairly drunk and I thought our sex felt as if I had no protection. I pulled out and saw that the condom had broken, at which point I immediately put a new one on and continued having sex.

She just finished her period about a week ago, and I know that women typically ovulate about 2 weeks prior to getting their period, but was just curious if I should be worried. I know I didn't ejaculate inside her as I wasn't even close to climaxing when I realized the condom broke, but I know semen can leak out even when you don't feel anything.

Thanks everyone.

The following user gives a hug of support to SurfMeister:
Astrid1986 (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 03:50 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

wachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB Userwachix HB User
Re: Condom broke during sex

The risk of her being pregnant is almost negligible. I would not worry, but still ask her to do a pregnancy test if she misses her period, just to make absolutely sure.
She can miss her period for any number of reasons though, including stress, so don't read anything into that.

If you're really worried and want to make 100% sure, then go get a "morning after pill". They are available at drugstores and health centers. There is a bunch of info available online, if you want to research them. They're considered very safe though. They do not cause abortion, by the way. They prevent fertilization.

This is for your girlfriend, obviously

They can be used up to 120 hours after intercourse, but the sooner they are used the more effective they are. So don't delay if you're interested in this.

Last edited by wachix; 07-29-2012 at 03:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
(female)

Astrid1986 HB User
Re: Condom broke during sex

I have to agree with the above poster. However, I want to say that the morning after pill is no fun. It is the safest way to go, however.

Closed Thread