It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
(female)

AnnieIrene15 HB User
Bleeding during/after sex

Hello all,

I apologize for the length of this question. There are a lot of details. But please stick with me, and any insight is greatly appreciated!

I have been sexually active with my boyfriend for a little over a month. He is the first person that I've had intercourse with. When we first started having sex I had just finished my period, and I would occasionally see a little bit of brownish blood afterwards, which I am assuming was leftover from my period. After about a week, that stopped. I didn't bleed at all anymore. That went on for about two weeks with no problem. Then, last Saturday, after sex I began bleeding bright red. I was supposed to start my period the next day, so I thought that was what it was. But I bled for less than a day, then it stopped. I didn't bleed at all the next day. Then on Monday, we had sex again, and the same thing happened. I bled bright red for a few hours, then it stopped. It happened again this morning. I should be starting my period this week, but it hasn't started officially yet. All that has happened is this short term, bright red bleeding during/after sex.

Some other background: I was on the pill for over a year, but I stopped taking it after my last period because I was considering switching methods. Now I'm waiting on my period to start so I can start using the NuvaRing. Also, we had sex one time without a condom. He pulled out, but we both were worried. So I took a test on Sunday (the day I was supposed to start my period) and it was negative.

I guess my question is, is there something going on here that I should be worried about regarding the bleeding after sex? Also, should I be worried about pregnancy, even though the test was negative?

Thanks so much y'all. Any help at all would be awesome!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread