It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

RoseInBloom HB User
Pain/irritation - partially condom-caused

So I know I have some mild latex issues - at the very least in the skin of my hands. Handling stuff with latex or wearing latex gloves directly on my skin (luckily when I worked at the deli, I had anti-cut gloves between my flesh and the latexes or it would have driven me mad), my skin will get a little hot and itchy. Nothing diagnosed, but I know from experience it bothers me. So, I already pretty much figured latex condoms wouldn't be the most comfortable thing in the world.
With my previous/first boyfriend, we mostly used LifeStyles Skyn condoms, which are polyisoprene, and then a random sort of selection of latex Trojans a few other times. It hurt/irritated either way, but he was quick so I'd just grin and bear it.

Now onto my current situation, with my different current bf. Condoms have still continued to irritate me that extra few levels (though to this point we've been using latexes and next time we're going to give a Skyn a shot, just incase, before we explore other options), so as of the last couple months we've kind of mostly stopped using them a lot of the time unless it's been a while and he's really sure he can't last long bare - the case of last night.
We'll talk about the specific issue of last night first, because it's bothering me more, and then the other more general issue. So we needed to go the way of the condom last night, and I happened to have a plain, nothing particularly special that I could see, ONE condom. Ached and burned when we were doing it, ached and burned after, a lot worse than any other ever caused. So on that point I'm kind of curious if anyone knows what's in them that's not super common to condoms, so I'll know. I don't have a box or anything - it was a sample from an Adagio Health rep - and the site has no info. Burning went away fairly quickly - less than an hour for sure. Still aches - more than last night actually, but there's other contributing factors to that.

But, more general issue: I get at least a little achey from sex with or without a condom - just not as painful without a condom and no burning feeling ever. It's just achey during and for maybe a few minutes after, so whatever. Whether we're rough or pretty gentle, there's always a bit of pain. Can imagine that's pretty common, but any thoughts on what could help decrease/avoid it would be nice. Me being on top makes it worse, not better, so not that.

Any comments/advice on any of that would be greatly appreciated. If anyone else has had irritation issues with condoms, suggestions on brands/types would be wonderful.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
ache, burning, condoms, pain