It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #1
(male)

bats and pucks HB User
Why don't I have an urge to have sex?

I need to know if this is normal or if there's something wrong with me.

In a nut shell, I don't (and have never) had any desire to have sex. That's not to say I don't get aroused, because I do... very easily at that. It takes very little stimulation to give me an erection. I just don't feel the need to go out and have sex with women.

I'm in my late 20's and single. I've had 1 girlfriend when I was 20. We had sex a few times, but it was always at her initiation. I can't say I felt anything when we did it. It was 5 years (almost to the date) from the last time I had sex to the night I hooked up with a woman downtown. I was extremely drunk and it just sort of happened. That was over 2 years ago. Again I can't say I really felt anything.

All I hear from friends and coworkers are about their different women, how many times they've "hooked up", etc. I often times I feel really emasculated... like I'm less of a man because I'm not out "banging chicks".

Is there anything I can do to increase the natural desire to have sex? This plays a big role in my lack of self confidence because I'm afraid that I'll be laughed at by my lack of experience.

Old 12-23-2012, 08:02 AM   #2
(male)

Sadhu HB User
Re: Why don't I have an urge to have sex?

First i I really commend you for talking about this. You should and you have bravo! You are normal. It's ok to not have a high sex drive. My ex didnt have one and her brother didnt have one. It's ok. There really is No solution and you shouldn't go looking for one. Be who you are and along will come a girl who shares your cycle. You two may end up having sex only at birthdays and Christmas and it will be amazing.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2012, 08:22 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

Judging by how many "my wife/gf has no sex drive" posts there are on here, I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding a girl who will be relieved that you don't want sex all the time. Find a girl who has the same disinterest (which believe me is a lot easier than finding a guy who doesn't have sex on the brain every second of every day) and you'll be happier than two peas in the same pod.

Old 12-24-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
(male)

bats and pucks HB User

Thanks for the replies.

I guess it's a least a little comforting to know I'm not the only one that has this... but at the same time a bit depressing because it's another thing to add to my list. It's already incredibly tough for me to meet women (social anxiety and low self confidence), that adding a low sex drive reduces my chances even further.

Old 12-24-2012, 06:30 PM   #5
(female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User

Get your testosterone level checked, can be part of the problem for your low desire.

Old 12-26-2012, 07:20 PM   #6
(male)

bats and pucks HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tula12 View Post
Get your testosterone level checked, can be part of the problem for your low desire.
I never considered this, but after researching the symptoms it could very likely be the source of all my issues. Thanks.

Closed Thread