It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....



Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #1
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IA
Posts: 46
HD1983 HB User
Am I a nymphomaniac?

Here's the basics, I'm 29, reasonably attractive (men call me cute, pretty, sexy and beautiful on a fairly regular basis) I've never been married and I have no children, I'm intelligent in an above average sense, I've been told that I'm easy to talk to and I have a great sense of humor.

I have so much going for myself but right now I'm dealing with a ridiculously high sex drive that showed up out of the blue in my late 20's, ironically enough when I was younger I was the shy, quiet nerdy girl who wasn't interested in men or sex at all, I thought that I was either asexual or a repressed lesbian at one point.

I like sex with many anonymous partners, "one night stands", I meet them online on adult dating sites, the sex is always protected (except oral) and I've hooked up with several of them more than once.
When I don't have sex for a week I begin to feel nervous, angry and restless and even though I am very sexually active I sometimes masturbate twice a day.

Recently I had an STD scare, it turned out to be nothing but it has made me think about what I've done and the mistakes that I've made, I've tried to pursue monogamous relationships but I've passed up "normal" dates to go out and have sex with a stranger.
I do have a history of mental illness, bi-polar, depression, borderline personality disorder and I am recovering from non purging bulimia.

I seriously wonder if I'm a nymphomaniac or if there is something else wrong with me.

Last edited by Mod-S4; 01-20-2013 at 07:56 PM.

 
Sponsors Lightbulb
   
Old 01-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Senior Member
(female)
 
Ilovedollhouses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Happiness U.S.A.
Posts: 135
Ilovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB UserIlovedollhouses HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

My best advice is for you to get some help...You are walking a very dangerous road in life...I am not only speaking of your health, I am speaking of your safety....Take care...ILD.....

 
Old 01-21-2013, 10:33 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,511
gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Dear HD, I hope that you are being treated currently for the mental illness that you posted. If i were you i would talk openly about this with the dr that prescribes your medicine/ therapist as they would know the answer to your original question about nymphomania. Also, in my opinion there are many people that sabotage themselves by choosing behavior that is not "normal" out of old emotional wounds, pain & fear. I would find out why if i recently had a scare & i hope that you find the answers & help that you are looking for so that you are happy & healthy in your life. God bless you.

 
Old 01-22-2013, 04:40 AM   #4
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IA
Posts: 46
HD1983 HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Thank you for the compassionate responses, I'm looking to get better after the recent STD scare that I had, I understand that my behavior is extremely dangerous and is hurting me and other people, some of the men that I've slept with have been either married or in long term relationships, and afterwards I've felt guilty.

Currently I'm not going to a regular counselor and I'm also not taking medications like I definitely should, I went through a whole "Therapists and medications are for crazy people" phase when I was in my mid 20's and things have kind of went downhill for me since.

 
Old 01-22-2013, 06:11 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,511
gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD1983 View Post
Thank you for the compassionate responses, I'm looking to get better after the recent STD scare that I had, I understand that my behavior is extremely dangerous and is hurting me and other people, some of the men that I've slept with have been either married or in long term relationships, and afterwards I've felt guilty.

Currently I'm not going to a regular counselor and I'm also not taking medications like I definitely should, I went through a whole "Therapists and medications are for crazy people" phase when I was in my mid 20's and things have kind of went downhill for me since.
Hd, I knew a lady at my church that quit taking her meds & seeing the dr, she had only one of your diagnoses & every 5-6 days we would be called upon to search for her, find her to make sure she wasnt dead because she would just disappear or usually call that she was in trouble.She lied to herself also & quit her medications, was too trusting, took risks with strangers, she was awesome with the childrens groups in my opinion she had a loving family, friends but took it all for granted. One Saturday she was not ever found again, she was 27. I hope that you will get the help that you need, its so easy just to go to the dr & take medicine because we are so blessed in this country, help is readily available to us

 
Old 01-22-2013, 06:23 AM   #6
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IA
Posts: 46
HD1983 HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Hd, I knew a lady at my church that quit taking her meds & seeing the dr, she had only one of your diagnoses & every 5-6 days we would be called upon to search for her, find her to make sure she wasnt dead because she would just disappear or usually call that she was in trouble.She lied to herself also & quit her medications, was too trusting, took risks with strangers, she was awesome with the childrens groups in my opinion she had a loving family, friends but took it all for granted. One Saturday she was not ever found again, she was 27. I hope that you will get the help that you need, its so easy just to go to the dr & take medicine because we are so blessed in this country, help is readily available to us
Wow, your story is very eye opening, I was first diagnosed with my problems when I was 17 years old, I went to regular counseling and I took my medication on a daily basis until I was 25, and then I stopped.

I want to change my life before something happens to me.

 
Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,511
gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Dear hd, The way i see it is i have to go to dr every 4 weeks & take medicine daily for chronic pain, i couldnt fix myself i needed the dr for a physical illness & a mental illness is no different. I also believe in what goes around comes around so i hope that you call for help from a dr today at least get an appointment. Do you have family?

 
Old 01-22-2013, 06:33 AM   #8
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IA
Posts: 46
HD1983 HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Dear hd, The way i see it is i have to go to dr every 4 weeks & take medicine daily for chronic pain, i couldnt fix myself i needed the dr for a physical illness & a mental illness is no different. I also believe in what goes around comes around so i hope that you call for help from a dr today at least get an appointment. Do you have family?
I only have an aunt and two half sisters left, my mother and father both died when I was young.

And yes, I do plan on making an appointment soon.

 
Old 01-22-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
Facilitator
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 2,511
gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Dear hd, Im so sorry about your parents & if you need a listening ear i am here to support you.

 
Old 01-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #10
Junior Member
(female)
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: IA
Posts: 46
HD1983 HB User
Re: Am I a nymphomaniac?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmak View Post
Dear hd, Im so sorry about your parents & if you need a listening ear i am here to support you.
Thank you, I appreciate it very much.

 
Closed Thread




Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off




Join Our Newsletter

Stay healthy through tips curated by our health experts.

Whoops,

There was a problem adding your email Try again

Thank You

Your email has been added








TOP THANKED CONTRIBUTORS



lenvegas (12), rosequartz (8), writeleft (6), Kszan (5), Tivo123 (4), ladybud (4), Titchou (4), Kali333 (4), solofelix (4), captjane (4)

Site Wide Totals

teteri66 (1164), MSJayhawk (997), Apollo123 (898), Titchou (833), janewhite1 (823), Gabriel (758), ladybud (745), sammy64 (666), midwest1 (665), BlueSkies14 (610)



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:35 AM.



Site owned and operated by HealthBoards.comô
Terms of Use © 1998-2014 HealthBoards.comô All rights reserved.
Do not copy or redistribute in any form!