It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #1
(female)

USmiss HB User
Red face Very embarrasing question...

I'm hoping this post is allowed, as I am not trying to cause any problems or go against board rules. I am just looking for some answers. This is not something I have shared with anyone. When I was younger, starting around the age of maybe 10 or 11, I learned about sex and I became very curious about it. Around the age of 12, I discovered masturbation. I was home alone during the summer days and I would think about it a lot. It got to the point where I was sometimes touching myself 3 or more times a day. I would also sometimes go on chatboards online and talk dirty with guys. Now I never did anything inappropriate and I was a virgin of course. But these sexual thoughts plagued me. I felt very ashamed and guilty. I worried something was wrong with me. I don't know if I masturbated to try to get the thoughts to go away or what, but it actually made them worse. I have always been very introverted about sex and didn't want to talk about it with anyone. Once I hit a certain age, maybe 14 or so, I didn't masturbate as much. Now I am 23. I have had one sexual relationship with a boyfriend it was healthy. No issues. I don't really masturbate much anymore at all. I do still get some sexual thoughts sometimes, like thinking about myself with other people or imagining two other people together and it upsets me. I also notice my sex drive increases and the sexual thoughts increase during ovulation time. I have to mention that I do suffer from OCD, depression, and anxiety. My question is this: Does the behavior I have described sound like hypersexuality or do you think it has something to do with my OCD and strict standards about sex. Any input is appreciated. Thank you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-28-2013, 03:26 AM   #2
(female)

Overworked HB User
Re: Very embarrasing question...

I am not expert, but you sound perfectly normal to me.
It's perfectly healthy to become curious about sex at the age you did and to discover you sexuality in the way you have. In my experience most people think about sex frequently and this is nothing to be ashamed about. This is of course how we reproduce and if we did n't think about it we would not do it and would die out as a species! lol. It would be a problem if you were just fuctioning (eating, sleeping ) and thinking of nothing but sex all the time.
Everyone masturbates, everyone has sexual fantasies, this is part of what drives our sexual desire. Don't be upset with yourself for having these thoughts, it is perfectly natural, different people will have different sexual thoughts involving lots of different situations.
Your sex drive will increase around ovulation because this is the time you are more likely to get pregnant so it makes alot of sense to become more intrested in sex at this time, it is hormone related.
I think the fact that you are embarrassed to talk about sex is making you feel you are not "normal" and in you're head you are blowing your "problem" out of all proportion. Hope this helps.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #3
(female)

USmiss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overworked View Post
I am not expert, but you sound perfectly normal to me.
It's perfectly healthy to become curious about sex at the age you did and to discover you sexuality in the way you have. In my experience most people think about sex frequently and this is nothing to be ashamed about. This is of course how we reproduce and if we did n't think about it we would not do it and would die out as a species! lol. It would be a problem if you were just fuctioning (eating, sleeping ) and thinking of nothing but sex all the time.
Everyone masturbates, everyone has sexual fantasies, this is part of what drives our sexual desire. Don't be upset with yourself for having these thoughts, it is perfectly natural, different people will have different sexual thoughts involving lots of different situations.
Your sex drive will increase around ovulation because this is the time you are more likely to get pregnant so it makes alot of sense to become more intrested in sex at this time, it is hormone related.
I think the fact that you are embarrassed to talk about sex is making you feel you are not "normal" and in you're head you are blowing your "problem" out of all proportion. Hope this helps.
Thank you for your response. You may be right. At the same time, I still think 3 or more times a day is a lot. Most guys probably don't even masturbate that much. My body is very sensitive to horomonal changes so maybe at that time, my hormones were raging and that was my body's response to it. I don't know. I analyze myself way too much. That is my problem. :-(

Old 01-28-2013, 04:05 AM   #4
(female)

Overworked HB User

[QUOTE=USmiss;5124121} I still think 3 or more times a day is a lot. Most guys probably don't even masturbate that much.[/QUOTE]

At the age of about 12 hormones are raging, and I am sure many people would be happy to masturbate 3 or more times a day if they had the time! And anyway what are you basing your judgment on? How many people have told you that they did or did n't not masturbate 3 times a day?

In any case as long as this is not interfering with your or anyone else's life then the only problem you have is the guilt you are feeling when really, you have no need.

Old 01-28-2013, 04:03 PM   #5
(female)

USmiss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overworked View Post
At the age of about 12 hormones are raging, and I am sure many people would be happy to masturbate 3 or more times a day if they had the time! And anyway what are you basing your judgment on? How many people have told you that they did or did n't not masturbate 3 times a day?

In any case as long as this is not interfering with your or anyone else's life then the only problem you have is the guilt you are feeling when really, you have no need.
LOL, I don't know what i am basing my opinion on. Maybe you are right. Thanks for your response :-)

Old 01-29-2013, 09:00 AM   #6
(female)

Overworked HB User

Hope I have helped. xx

Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

you're completely normal, don't sweat it!

Old 02-10-2013, 05:14 AM   #8
(male)

LostSomething HB User

It sounds like you might have had very religious upbringing and much of your inner conflict is stemming from your physiological conflicting with your morals. Having sexual thoughts are perfectly fine. Many people experiment, and masturbate. You are just feeling guilty about it. There is no need to feel guilty about having those thoughts.
And donít worry, if you had hyper sexuality you would know because it would affect your work, family life, and social life. People with Hyper Sexuality cannot function because all they think about is sex. It is almost like a drug addict their thoughts are consumed with finding their next fix. No need to worry. If you are in a healthy relationship go ahead and explore those sides of your sexuality with your partner it is perfectly normal.

The Following User Says Thank You to LostSomething For This Useful Post:
USmiss (02-10-2013)
Old 02-10-2013, 05:33 AM   #9
(female)

USmiss HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSomething View Post
It sounds like you might have had very religious upbringing and much of your inner conflict is stemming from your physiological conflicting with your morals. Having sexual thoughts are perfectly fine. Many people experiment, and masturbate. You are just feeling guilty about it. There is no need to feel guilty about having those thoughts.
And donít worry, if you had hyper sexuality you would know because it would affect your work, family life, and social life. People with Hyper Sexuality cannot function because all they think about is sex. It is almost like a drug addict their thoughts are consumed with finding their next fix. No need to worry. If you are in a healthy relationship go ahead and explore those sides of your sexuality with your partner it is perfectly normal.
Thank you for your response. I actually was not brought up religious at all. However, I do have OCD and anxiety issues and I think that my scrupulous standards and morals had me thinking I was abnormal and should feel ashamed. But I'm letting go of that now. I realize if I embrace my sexuality in a healthy way, then it doesn't seem as overwelming. Thanks for your response!

Closed Thread