It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 07:45 PM   #1
(female)

papayalover5 HB User
Vaginal Problems?

Okay so I am a 17 year old girl and recently i've been having a lot of vaginal issues and I would appreciate if you guys could read this! Im new to the site and didnt know what board to put it on but here it is. Ive been known to really get nervous about things and im very paranoid like I am making myself sick im so freaked out. I have a gyno appointment my mom made for monday and im getting std tests but so heres the story:
I used to get yeast infections all the time as a kid, whenever i would take bubble baths
I havent gotten one in years
This past summer I lost my virginity and subsequently got a UTI, which i took meds for and went away. fast forward to now, a few months later, and I started taking birth control. I always have safe sex and use a condom. ALWAYS WHEN I HAVE SEX, but when having oral sex I do not. and that will change after i resolve issues now because it is not smart. So I hooked up with my brother's friend and we traded oral sex with each other and a few days later I got a yeast infection and I figured that maybe he had dirty fingers or soemthing too. I took Monistat and it went away the first day but I took the three day, so i continued that. NO symptoms. About a week later I had sex with the same boy i lost my virginity to and got ANOTHER uti. I took medication for it, and got a yeast infection when I was on the antibiotics, which ive heard happens ? Plus im on birth control plus those antibiotics so that was a lot. then I went to the doctor bc monistat only made it worse and she prescribed Diflucan, which i took, and things got better, but everything still smells yeast and im not comfortable all the time. it is totally bearable but its not right. I am so so scared that I could have an STD and im getting testing but I am practically crying right now because the boy i had oral sex with has a sketchier sexual history and I freak myself out a lot but does anyone have any ideas of what could be going on?? I am so freaked out. thanks so much in advance and sorry for the length.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2013, 10:29 AM   #2
(female)

smileyhappy HB User
Re: Vaginal Problems?

Try to not worry right now. You have an appointment with the doctor and he/she will check you out for Stds. He will probably do a vaginal exam and take samples too. All you can do after that is keep busy and wait for results. I had problems with vaginal infections also and am very sensitive to any perfumed things too, anything that iratates in the vaginal area. Stay clear from all scented things and wear white cotton underwear. Try not to wear anything tight too. Make sure you do safe sex and pee always after sex. That will help. You have to make sure your partner does the same concerning the perfums on privates and hands, and oraly. Be care and you will know soon!

Smileyhappy

Old 02-07-2013, 10:57 AM   #3
(female)

papayalover5 HB User

Oh my goodness thank you so much, thats very reassuring and I think I do just need to calm down and I will see what happens at the doctor! Thanks again

Old 02-08-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
(female)

smileyhappy HB User

Your'e welcome!

Closed Thread

Tags
stds, uti, vaginal health, yeast infection