It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - General Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2013, 06:10 AM   #1
(male)

Faergor HB User
Pain at the base/root of penis for 8 weeks

Hello, I have been having pain at the base of penis for past 8 weeks, my urologist said that it is probably from rough sex (we never have rough sex with my girlfriend, but I do tend to go deep inside her, and therefore push base of penis/my pelvic bone on her pelvic bone), but even if I stopped having sex for week or two with my girlfriend, pain has not reduced or stopped at all. Could it be from something else?
There is no swelling or lump or anything, and supposedly ultrasound has not found anything either. I feel pain on top of my penis, where penis connects with rest of my body. I have to push deeper with my finger though, basically touch the ligament/muscles there, it is right next to main vein that is on top of penis, on the right side, where penis connects with rest of the body.
I have been tested for STDs, results came back negative (I have only one sexual partner anyway),also other values that urologist found out from my urine were all right.
I do not feel pain at all, unless I push on that spot with my fingers, or anything else.
Thank you very much .

Last edited by Faergor; 06-06-2013 at 06:15 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2013, 01:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(male)

cleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB Usercleansweap HB User
Re: Pain at the base/root of penis for 8 weeks

It sounds like you have some severe bruising in that area. You might try soaking once a day in a hot tub of water with Epsonsalt and alcohol in it. Just for a few days. Stops having sex for a week to see if things get better.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
(male)

Faergor HB User

Thank you buddy .
Are you sure it is severe bruising? It seems to be something like that, I mean, before I started having sex, I never ever had anything like this. However, after we started having sex, after 4 months to be precise, this actually happened.
My urologist said that it is injury/bruising as well (from rough sex, which we never have, however during sex accidents and damage to pelvic/sexual organs may happen), but he did not seem concerned.
The thing is, that no swelling, lump, or even bruising on skin after I started having pain there appeared. Skin never turned black, or blue, or green or yellow. Everything seems normal, it is just that when I push on that spot, then it hurts (pain is also slightly on my penis, but also on the base, where it connects with my body).
Do you think it will cause any permanent damage? Will it heal completely after some time? You know, there are cases, in which penis brakes, or ligament is torn (either partially or completely), etc., and there is visible bruising, swelling visible, and thrombosis (simply gathered blood on spot/area) and simply obvious change to both touch and and appearance. This is not my case and was not even at the beginning. That gives me hope that it will heal completely, it will just require some more time than usual .

I am using Veral Neo Cream that my urologist prescribed to me, I apply it on spot 4 times a day. I also stopped with sex few days ago, and will not do anything for couple of weeks.

Are you sure combination of both alcohol and Epsom salt + hot water is a good idea? Never heard of that. Does it heal bruised places?

Again, thank you for your reply .

Old 06-11-2013, 06:32 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Sorry. I started typing a reply and deleted it some how. Anyway, I will try again!
Depending where you live, US and the state, you can find this medicine combination in a bottle. Usually at a discount store called Dollar Tree. Or you can buy it seperately and just add it to your water. 1cup of each. It is good for sore muscles. I use it faithfully on a daily bases. I work 2 jobs and it helps to add the medicine to my bath. I also add a little bath oil (baby oil) to the water to keep my skin from drying out. I don't know if sever bruising is your problem, but since the doctors don't seem to think it is anything that they can find, it won't hurt to try soaking in a hot bath once a day. You can still apply the cream to the area after your bath. If either of these treatments help, then the next thing is to go back to the doctor for other test. Good luck! I hope it is just bruising, because thats an easy fix.

The following user gives a hug of support to cleansweap:
Faergor (06-13-2013)
The Following User Says Thank You to cleansweap For This Useful Post:
Faergor (06-13-2013)
Old 06-12-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
(male)

Vijdan HB User

I had some burning sensation in my Penis a week before,my Urethra was swollen and overall the penis was painful as well....I was really worried for STDs,got tested for them but all were negative,despite the results the Doctor prescribed antibiotics which worked really good...I think sometimes there can be an infection of non STD type,which can be healed with Antibiotics.

The following user gives a hug of support to Vijdan:
Faergor (06-13-2013)
Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #6
(male)

Faergor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleansweap View Post
Sorry. I started typing a reply and deleted it some how. Anyway, I will try again!
Depending where you live, US and the state, you can find this medicine combination in a bottle. Usually at a discount store called Dollar Tree. Or you can buy it seperately and just add it to your water. 1cup of each. It is good for sore muscles. I use it faithfully on a daily bases. I work 2 jobs and it helps to add the medicine to my bath. I also add a little bath oil (baby oil) to the water to keep my skin from drying out. I don't know if sever bruising is your problem, but since the doctors don't seem to think it is anything that they can find, it won't hurt to try soaking in a hot bath once a day. You can still apply the cream to the area after your bath. If either of these treatments help, then the next thing is to go back to the doctor for other test. Good luck! I hope it is just bruising, because thats an easy fix.
Thanks for your reply buddy .
I live in Europe, Slovakia. Unfortunately we do not have anything like that in here :/, no such product containing both ingredients and used especially for bath. We do have them separately though , both Epsom Salt and Alcohol. Just not the combination of both as 1 product.
Maybe I could try just Epsom Salt?
Not sure, but one thing is certain, there is nothing visible, and it appeared when having sex. Probably it is some kind of bruising. I am still using the cream .
Thanks again ,appreciate it . Has anything similar happened to you before?
I found one guy on another forums with pretty much same problem as me, I even posted it here,but it got removed, I guess I understand why (competition? - the other website is similar to this one).

Old 06-13-2013, 02:50 PM   #7
(male)

Faergor HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijdan View Post
I had some burning sensation in my Penis a week before,my Urethra was swollen and overall the penis was painful as well....I was really worried for STDs,got tested for them but all were negative,despite the results the Doctor prescribed antibiotics which worked really good...I think sometimes there can be an infection of non STD type,which can be healed with Antibiotics.
Thanks buddy , have they eventually found out what it was? Has the problem returned after some time,or vanished completely?
If the problem will persist, I will go and see urologist again, and ask him about this, and if possible, I will ask him if he could do me an X-ray, or some other tests .
Regarding my problem, has anything like that ever happened to you? Even if it lasted shorter .
Thanks

Old 06-14-2013, 05:46 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

LOL. Yes it has. Like you I was concerned but the problem past within a week or so. I guess we never stop to think as men, all that we put the little guys thru from year to year. Lol.. Stretching, pulling etc. It wouldn't be normal for our penises never to be damaged with so much handling. I know we can get pretty rough at times. Lol.. sorry to hear that you can't get the epsom combination where you are. that's not a problem though. Yes, you can use just the epsom salt alone if you like. I would also suggest taking some IBuprofen/pain killer as well. Ibuprofen is for inflamation of muscles and joints/strains etc. Hopefully you have some in the country where you are. It is an over the counter pain killer found in local drug stores/grocery stores. It comes in 200 milgrams per tablet here. I would take up to 5 tablets every 7 hours as needed for the pain and swelling. Here in the US you would be given an ultra sound if you went back to the doctor. It is a test that takes pictures of all of your arteries and nerves in your penis and scrotum/testes. If there is any serious damage, it would be picked up by the ultrasound. Hey, check back and let us know how things work out. Have a blest day!

Old 06-17-2013, 12:03 PM   #9
(male)

Faergor HB User

Hello, I have visited another urologist, he said that from urological point of view, there doesn't seem to be any problem at all, he did prostate exam, prostate is all right as well, he touched the spot where it hurts me, everything is all right as well, there is absolutely nothing to be found. He said that pain may be caused by one of these: 1. pain is subjective 2. from Sex 3. Torn/elangorated (is that the correct word?) ligament, however, supposedly even if that happened, there would not be anything visible, no hematom bruising, swelling or anything, because it is deeper. 4. there is a different cause, which causes that pain.
He did ultrasound as well.
There is no inflammation, no cancer, not anything. There is still pain though, after 9 weeks, and I have no idea what is causing it. Could you please give me an advice?
One of the possibilities is that pain is caused by internal organ, which one, that is questionable. Where should I search next? Can you please give me an advice? Thank you .

Old 06-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
(male)

Vijdan HB User

Sorry dude,I am a bit late....I gave up thinking about it after the test results came negative,however I dont have any burning as well....the doctor told me it could be just because of irritation or any kind of allergy to condoms,chemicals etc.,..or could be dehydration....sometimes lower back problem or sciatica can also make problems for the penis....I dont think yours could be a serious problem

Closed Thread