It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2003, 10:22 AM   #1

stickdude HB User
Question canker sore from oral sex?

i gave this girl oral sex 3 days ago. the next day, i developed a sore under my tongue and kept thinking it was herpes, and looked it up. i found out it may be a canker sore, but i'm not too sure. it is a bump about the size of a pea and white colorish. because it's located at the bottom back of my tongue, it's quite irritating.

is it possible to develop a canker sore after having oral sex?

Old 11-08-2003, 01:05 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
It sure is possible, just like a girl with a canker sore can give it to a guy shes giving oral too.

Rinse with listerine several times a day, it will go away, if in fact all it really is is a canker sore.

I get them alot, being a female, my doctor says that its just too much of a certain hormone my body produces, although they can certainly be sexually transmitted, not all are.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-08-2003, 01:06 PM   #3
Inactive

ilaugh@myself.why HB User
i didn't think you could spread canker sores tho..

Last edited by ilaugh@myself.why; 11-08-2003 at 01:08 PM.

Old 11-08-2003, 06:38 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User
Quote:
by LiLnuTTY

It sure is possible, just like a girl with a canker sore can give it to a guy shes giving oral too.
Where does the canker sore show up on the guy if it is passed on? On his organ or inside his mouth?

I used to get them when I was a kid. Back then, when my friends would also get them I would tell them the only way to cure canker sores is to put salt on a lemon and take a bite. Swish the juices around on the canker sore. Repeat 3 times a day for 3 days. The expression on their faces when they bite down on the lemon is priceless even today, some 30+ years later. I was a bad boy when I was a kid. I also remember going to confession one time and confessing this to my priest. I swear, I can stil hear him chuckle behind that partition. He couldn't fool me!

"And one time at band camp..." I don't think I've improved much over the years.

Hoop

Last edited by Hoop; 11-08-2003 at 06:43 PM.

Old 11-10-2003, 05:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
I was under the impression that canker sores are NOT contageous. Now, a coldsore (herpes) obviously is, but canker sores?

Old 11-10-2003, 05:49 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User
Quote:
I was under the impression that canker sores are NOT contageous. Now, a coldsore (herpes) obviously is, but canker sores?
I didn't think so either. The last I read about canker sores years ago, doctors didn't even know what caused them to begin with. Since I haven't gotten one in over 30 + years, I don't know what that really tells/says about them. Diet? Stress? Temporary weak immune system? Not enough sex?

Old 11-10-2003, 07:21 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

LiLnuTTy HB User
Canker sores, ( at least in women ) are thought to be caused by too much of a certain hormone in our bodies....whether its the same with men, I dont know....thats just what my doctors opinion was.

Also, canker sores are a form of herpes. May not always be contageous though...its like, having sex with someone who has genital herpes, wont always give them to you.

Old 11-10-2003, 10:13 AM   #8
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiLnuTTy
Canker sores, ( at least in women ) are thought to be caused by too much of a certain hormone in our bodies....whether its the same with men, I dont know....thats just what my doctors opinion was.

Also, canker sores are a form of herpes. May not always be contageous though...its like, having sex with someone who has genital herpes, wont always give them to you.
A true canker sore is NOT a form of herpes, . Oral herpes can sometimes resemble a canker sore, but if the lesion is truly a canker sore, it has nothing to do with herpes. Are you thinking of coldsores maybe?

Old 11-10-2003, 06:34 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User
Quote:
Originally posted by LiLnuTTY:
Everything.. or what little I've read about canker sores in the past said that canker sores are not a form of herpes. Canker sores as far as I know, develop inside the mouth. Cold sores, herpes ( none genital) develop on the outer lips. But, I could be wrong about this, present day mutations and all.

Old 11-11-2003, 05:46 AM   #10
Senior Veteran

devastated HB User
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop
Everything.. or what little I've read about canker sores in the past said that canker sores are not a form of herpes. Canker sores as far as I know, develop inside the mouth. Cold sores, herpes ( none genital) develop on the outer lips. But, I could be wrong about this, present day mutations and all.
Yes, oral herpes most often presents on the outside of the mouth...on the lips or close by. However, a small percentage of oral herpes cases presents symptoms on the inside of the mouth, that look like canker sores (although they are not canker sores), but it is not that common. When they do, they usually involve mucosa attached to bone, such as gingiva or hard palate (the gums around the teeth, or the roof of the mouth). Rarely do they involve mobile mucosa (any oral tissue that does not cover a bone structure, like the inside of your jaw or inside of your lips), which is where canker sores or apthous ulcers occur.

I have studied ALOT about herpes since I contracted genital and oral HSV1 from my boyfriend's mouth about a year ago.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:00 AM   #11
(male)

mikeskillz HB User
Re: canker sore from oral sex?

man!!! i totally know what ur saying!
i was giving this girl oral and the next day i had 3 f***in canker sores in my mouth and they were big mother f***ers they hurt so bad!! i tripped out like crazy i even called to girl to make sure she was clean i thought i had herpes!!! lol

Old 08-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #12
(male)

Jdriftwood137 HB User
Re: canker sore from oral sex?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickdude View Post
i gave this girl oral sex 3 days ago. the next day, i developed a sore under my tongue and kept thinking it was herpes, and looked it up. i found out it may be a canker sore, but i'm not too sure. it is a bump about the size of a pea and white colorish. because it's located at the bottom back of my tongue, it's quite irritating.

is it possible to develop a canker sore after having oral sex?
Yah, happened to me last night, but happens every time. I love my girlfriend, been together 5 years and would do anything for her. But I am very prone to bad and frequent canker sores. My doctor told me that it's something a small percentage of people deal with. When you get a cut in your mouth, your body views it as an infection and sends white blood cells to the area to combate this percieved infection, except there isn't one and so the white blood cells attack and damage the tissue in your mouth instead. So if I cut my mouth while eating a chip, BOOM, canker sore. So when I go down on my girlfriend I try hard and I tear a little tissue on that thin skin that connects my tonge to my mouth and sure enough, a day later, canker sore. It's nothing to be worried about. Herpes wouldn't show up that fast!

Closed Thread