It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-14-2003, 08:22 AM   #1

abcd78 HB User
itch inside penis

Hello, I'm a little new to this, hope I do everything here with proper etiquette...

I'm in my 20's, gay, and sexually active with a monogomous boyfriend. Very recently, I started to have a slight itch inside the penis; I don't mean on the penis itself but inside the shaft. Obviously, it's quite hard to scratch lol.
I have also been experiencing a sharp pain in the lower abdomen/groin area, but that comes extremely infrequently so i didnt think about that (we all get pains here and there once in a while for no real reason, right?).

Last night, out of curiousity i sort of squeezed my penis to see if there might be any puss or what not coming out, and sure enough a small dribble of white stuff did make its way up top. i dabbed a tissue on it and the appearance on the tissue had a yellowish hue, which indicated it was indeed pus and not possibly semen.

This all began after having anal sex with my partner recently.

I cant afford to see a doctor, and am slightly paranoid about what this could be and if it will go away on its own. Any suggestions?

Old 11-14-2003, 08:59 AM   #2
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User
Urinary tract infection, Gohnorrea ? All possible. You'll need to see a doctor for this. Go to a community clinic if you can't afford it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #3

Sauceboy01 HB User
Re: itch inside penis

see a doctor... only solution

Old 12-11-2003, 06:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Magnetic HB UserMagnetic HB User
Re: itch inside penis

May not be an STD - could be, though - but possibly you caught a UTI from bacteria in his anus. There are all sorts of nasty bacteria in the anus which, in the anus, are quite fine. But, introduced into the urinary tract, it causes infections. Your bf, too, of course, could have an STD there so this could be chlamydia, gonorrhea or even herpes (herpes inside the urinary track often itches, though I would discount this possibility in this particular case).

As it does appear you have an infection, you need to see a doctor or visit a health clinic. Don't delay. A fecal coliform type of bacteria in your urinary track can be very worrisome, as are regular STDs. Oh, and your bf might need to get treatment, too.

I would highly suggest condoms whenever having anal sex. Even married straight couples in a monogomous relation should really use condoms, as getting fecal bactria up the urinary track is no fun.

Old 12-11-2003, 07:23 PM   #5

mmendieta1 HB User
Thumbs up Re: itch inside penis

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcd78
Hello, I'm a little new to this, hope I do everything here with proper etiquette...

I'm in my 20's, gay, and sexually active with a monogomous boyfriend. Very recently, I started to have a slight itch inside the penis; I don't mean on the penis itself but inside the shaft. Obviously, it's quite hard to scratch lol.
I have also been experiencing a sharp pain in the lower abdomen/groin area, but that comes extremely infrequently so i didnt think about that (we all get pains here and there once in a while for no real reason, right?).

Last night, out of curiousity i sort of squeezed my penis to see if there might be any puss or what not coming out, and sure enough a small dribble of white stuff did make its way up top. i dabbed a tissue on it and the appearance on the tissue had a yellowish hue, which indicated it was indeed pus and not possibly semen.

This all began after having anal sex with my partner recently.

I cant afford to see a doctor, and am slightly paranoid about what this could be and if it will go away on its own. Any suggestions?
***It sounds like you have a urethra infection. If that's the case, you'll need to have a "gram stain" to confirm this and the doc will prescribe antibiotics. A "gram strain" is a test where you squeeze the head of the penis until the secretion appears and then dab it onto a Q-tip for testing. I used to get this alot when I was younger. Nothing to worry about...very common.

Closed Thread