It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2003, 11:46 AM   #1

appreciative HB User
how to measure penis size

hey, when measuring penis size, does the length start at the bottom of the scrotum, or the bottom of the shaft then to the tip? also is girth measured at the bottom of shaft around, or somewhere else? thanks

Old 12-03-2003, 01:46 PM   #2

relient still HB User
Re: how to measure penis size

Umm...i would tend to say that you would measure penis size from the base of the shaft, but i really fail to see a point in having a concrete number of exactly how big your penis may be. I say.....be content. Whatever you got down there (whether you known the precise length or not)...youll be find.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-04-2003, 12:20 PM   #3
Inactive

focus HB User

When measuring penis size, you place the ruler along the TOP of the penis, with the end of the rules pressing against your pubic bone (where the top base of the penis meets the rest of your body and where the pubic hair grows).

Girth measurement should be taken wherever the widest part of your penis is, and this varies from person to person. For some guys, the widest part is the ridge of the head (corona), for others, it's somewhere along the shaft, or base of the shaft.

Old 12-06-2003, 05:37 AM   #4

computerwiz068 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by relient still
Umm...i would tend to say that you would measure penis size from the base of the shaft, but i really fail to see a point in having a concrete number of exactly how big your penis may be. I say.....be content. Whatever you got down there (whether you known the precise length or not)...youll be find.

Yeah Try not to concentrate on the size of it. And if you did measure it, I wouldn't be going around telling everyone your size.

ComputerWiz068

Last edited by computerwiz068; 12-06-2003 at 05:38 AM. Reason: Incorrect Font

Old 12-06-2003, 05:46 AM   #5
(male)

Willy HB User

Give the guy a break. Most men, as well as knowing their shoe size, know their penis size.

Old 12-06-2003, 11:14 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Thisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB UserThisby HB User

While I'll always agree size doesn't matter, we ALL know guys measure. What I can't believe is that there are guys out there measuring on the top, while others are measuring from the bottom!!!!

These two techniques can give very different results... I asked some female friends of mine about this when this thread first appeared and they couldn't believe the first two posts. We were all "who are they trying to fool? You measure from the top!"

Maybe this measuring from the bottom explains all those claims of 9-inch penises...

Anyway, I don't even have a penis, but on behalf of curious women everywhere, isn't the way focus described it the right way? That's what we think it is, at least...

Old 12-06-2003, 01:29 PM   #7
Inactive

focus HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisby
Maybe this measuring from the bottom explains all those claims of 9-inch penises...
You're exactly right! Many guys don't know the proper way to measure their penis (the same way all the scientific studies have), so they pick the measurement that gives them the biggest length, even if its the wrong one, and post that. And to them, they're not lying, because they don't know any better.

Old 12-07-2003, 06:29 PM   #8

imbythewater HB User

Focus is correct about the way to measure. Notice that he did say measure to the pubic bone. Some people actually stop at the skin when measuring. Men have fat pads in the pubic area and it can vary depending on the guy's weight. Also, some guys naturally have more of a fat pad than other guys. The pubic bone measurement is the most accurate measurement of a guy's actual length and won't change because a guy gains weight or loses weight. When a guy gains weight or loses weight he is changing his pat pad, not his penis.

There is some logic to stopping at the fat pad when measuring because it can interfere with how much penis will actually enter the woman. So it can be viewed as a usable measurement. But by angling penetration and by pressing usually the fat pad only prevents about 1/4 anyway no matter how thick the guy's fat pad is (within reason). Typical fat pads are 1/4 inch (on a skinny guy perhaps) to 1 inch(overweight perhaps). 1/2 inch to 3/4 inch are probably typical I would guess.

When surveys are quoted it's never mentioned whether they stopped at the fat pad or pressed to the pubic bone. For instance, a condom company did a survey a while back and you can bet their measurements were only to the skin. Why, because of course their survey was done as they were interested in making condoms that fit men and condoms stop at the skin.

Last edited by imbythewater; 12-07-2003 at 08:14 PM.

Old 12-08-2003, 02:31 PM   #9
jaybone80

Smile Re: how to measure penis size

Quote:
Originally Posted by focus
You're exactly right! Many guys don't know the proper way to measure their penis (the same way all the scientific studies have), so they pick the measurement that gives them the biggest length, even if its the wrong one, and post that. And to them, they're not lying, because they don't know any better.
yeah i though I was 10 inches then I realized I was measuring from my spleen...Just kidding!!!

Old 12-08-2003, 03:22 PM   #10
(male)

camarillodan HB User

Give the guy a break....Everyone should know thier size. Weather you are big or small you should know where you stand.
Focus is right, measure from the Pubic bone to the tip. Good luck hope you get a number you like.

Old 12-09-2003, 05:14 AM   #11
(male)

Willy HB User
Cool Re: how to measure penis size

It's awkward to measure from the top to the bottom. Hard to keep the tape measure in place. And besides I lost about 1/2 inch that way. I like the bottom to top way.

Old 12-09-2003, 07:15 AM   #12
Inactive

focus HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy
It's awkward to measure from the top to the bottom. Hard to keep the tape measure in place.
You can use a piece of string along the top of your penis, then measure the string if it's easier than using a tape measure directly. Or just use a wooden ruler, unless you have a major curve to your penis.

Quote:
And besides I lost about 1/2 inch that way. I like the bottom to top way.
LOL - well join the club! I lose almost a full inch if I measure along the top versus the bottom. But I don't cheat - when people ask my size, I give the true, honest answer, the smaller size measured along the top.

Last edited by focus; 12-09-2003 at 07:16 AM.

Closed Thread