It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #1

TheRainMaker HB User
Red face Is it possible to be oversexed? I mean, actually addicted?

Hello, this is my first post. I am a 23 year old guy. I live a normal life with a normal job etc... My question is, I seriously think that I have some sort of inbalance when it comes to my libido. I find myself masterbating sometimes in excess of 4 times a day. Even something as simple as watching something on TV I just get up, go to my room and masterbate. I fantasize about sex all the time with various partners which kinda scares me.

Ive been to retreats where people are having sex all over the place and enjoyed myself very much... almost to much. I even find myself getting hard at the gym looking at other guys in the Sauna or steam room which if anything ever did happen would be quite dangerous in terms of getting caught etc....

Has this ever happened to anyone else? Am I the only person in the world with a libido from hell that just WILL NOT GO AWAY? Sometimes I feel cursed by it. And sometimes I find myself having sex just for the simple fact of having sex even if I dont find my partner attractive.

Any words of wisdom will be greatly appreciated.

~Alan~

Old 01-25-2004, 12:04 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User
Re: Is it possible to be oversexed? I mean, actually addicted?

I guess you would have to ask yourself a few questions to figure this out.
How is this effecting your life? Have your actions prevented you from keeping a relationship for any period of time? Do you continually have remorse or feel disgusted with yourself because of something sexual you did? Does your sexual desire effect your work and social life? Have you been putting yourself in high-risk situations for sexually transmitted diseases? Do you feel out of control, and can't stop yourself? Are sexual thoughts all you focus on and have lost desire for other activities?
If you answer yes to a lot of these questions, maybe you should seek professional help. But, you are young, you could just have a high sex drive. My exhusband was (is) a sex addict and hid it well for the first few years. At 23, you are probably not looking for a long term relationship, but it can definately screw up one if the problem is ignored.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-29-2004, 01:42 PM   #3

foosballfan HB User

You sound like a lot of young guys, even me when i wsa that age a few years ago. The difference is that you obviously have more sex than i did. I was and still am a big jerker. I guess what was said before-is it interfering with normal nonsexual life- is right. Does it keep you from school or work or family? if not then make sure you're safe, cause the ones who are having sex with you may have given it freely to others.
As for the guys in the shower, that could be a phase of hormones or an actual tendency, it's hard to tell. Whatever you get into, just be safe.

Old 01-30-2004, 11:01 AM   #4

yodiggity HB User

There are sex addicts in the world. To determine if you are one...you need to figure out if its disturbing your life like the other posters said. I am 31 and still have a very very healthy sex drive. I jerk off at least once a day.

If your interested in other men, there are many places to obtain this. I advise slowly getting to know someone over the Internet and then going for it. Not just because of safe sex but also so that you make sure that is what your interested in. And hey, many many guys do "play" in sauna type environments. You would be surprised.

Closed Thread