It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Sexual Health - Men Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2004, 01:49 AM   #1

davidjx HB User
Penis Head Swollen and foreskin problem. Need help.

Ok here is what happened. Me and my partner were virgins and we tried to have sex. On the first attempt, I had problems trying to stick my penis into her vagina mainly because there was pain on my penis from the foreskin pulling back and her hole was small and I couldn't find it in the dark..

Anyways, we gave up that night, and on our second attempt, I was ready to do it no matter what. Ok so we had sex and it was great. But here lies the problem. After sex, my foreskin wouldn't go back.. I didn't notice or cared after sex, and went to sleep. But the next morning I still noticed it like that, and it hurts when my pants rub it or if I get turned on and my penis gets hard again. There seems to be some swollen skin beneath the penis head that is preventing the foreskin from going into place. I thought this would heal by itself.. however this is the 2nd day and the swollen only got worst and a bit bigger. However there isn't much pain in my penis head anymore since I am probably use to the rubbing. However the swollen is really getting to me and I am really worried that it might cause some problems. The question is, what can I do to relief the swollen, or should I go seek a doctor immediately? Also if anyone can let me know, what kind of doctor and their proper name is called, it would help.

A little more detail on the swollen area, it seems like skin that is wrapping some fluid substance in it.

Please help thanks!!

The following user gives a hug of support to davidjx:
easwar (10-15-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2004, 07:51 AM   #2

karannk HB User
Re: Penis Head Swollen and foreskin problem. Need help.

The condition that you speak of is called paraphimosis. It is very important that you reduce the foreskin back to its usual position. I don't mean to scare you, but when the foreskin is trapped and left that way for days, sometimes gangrene is the result. If you are not able to reduce the foreskin yourself, get to the emergency room today.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:07 PM   #3

davidjx HB User

My penis head is still showing and the foreskin won't go back on because there is something on the bottom area of the penis head that seems to have swollen up. Is there anyway I can take care of this myself without having to see a doctor? On the first day or two it hurted a bit but now there isn't much pain or anything.. is there something wrong with me!?

Old 02-02-2004, 12:24 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Try using oil and a hot bath. Squeeze the head firmly to force the blood out and try to ease the skin forward. Even if the head hurts when you squeeze it try really hard to do this. If you can't get the skin forward see a doctor immediately as it can turn into an ER situation quite quickly. In the US doctors may want to circumcise immediately. Tell them you don't want to do this if at all possible. If you can get the skin forward either on your own or with medical help then you need to do some stretching to stop this happening again.

Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 PM   #5
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

Your inner foreskin has rolled up/folded up on itself. You'll need to pull back the foreskin and make sure the inner part of the foreskin has been pulled out from behind the glans or rim of the head. Then unroll the foreskin back over the head making sure it doesn't fold over on itself again.

Old 02-02-2004, 02:05 PM   #6
(male)

sikandar_bg HB User
Thumbs up Re: Penis Head Swollen and foreskin problem. Need help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjx
Ok here is what happened. Me and my partner were virgins and we tried to have sex. On the first attempt, I had problems trying to stick my penis into her vagina mainly because there was pain on my penis from the foreskin pulling back and her hole was small and I couldn't find it in the dark..

Anyways, we gave up that night, and on our second attempt, I was ready to do it no matter what. Ok so we had sex and it was great. But here lies the problem. After sex, my foreskin wouldn't go back.. I didn't notice or cared after sex, and went to sleep. But the next morning I still noticed it like that, and it hurts when my pants rub it or if I get turned on and my penis gets hard again. There seems to be some swollen skin beneath the penis head that is preventing the foreskin from going into place. I thought this would heal by itself.. however this is the 2nd day and the swollen only got worst and a bit bigger. However there isn't much pain in my penis head anymore since I am probably use to the rubbing. However the swollen is really getting to me and I am really worried that it might cause some problems. The question is, what can I do to relief the swollen, or should I go seek a doctor immediately? Also if anyone can let me know, what kind of doctor and their proper name is called, it would help.

A little more detail on the swollen area, it seems like skin that is wrapping some fluid substance in it.

Please help thanks!!
I have had this problem lots of times, nothing to panic.
Here is what you do: Wash your hands and squeeze the head of your penis tightly to drain the blood out. Keep it squeezed with 2-3 fingers and start pushing it in while at the same time start pulling out your foreskin. You will be able to see/feel it when the inner foreskin rolls out and the outer skin is on top again. This might take a while. If you still don't succeed, you should probably see a doc.
Hope this helps,
Sikandar.

Old 02-02-2004, 05:55 PM   #7

davidjx HB User

sdp seems to be on the right track.. but how exactly do i make the inner foreskin go back? I tried but it don't work and because the inner foreskin seems to have swollen a bit, it is hard to do so. I guess i should go see a doctor... but I don't know where to find one for my penis.... and is a bit embrassed to tell my parents.

Old 02-02-2004, 06:05 PM   #8

davidjx HB User

OK, do I squeeze the penis head when the penis is hard or what? There don't seem to be blood trapped there..

Old 02-03-2004, 04:13 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

Geoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB UserGeoff B HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjx
OK, do I squeeze the penis head when the penis is hard or what? There don't seem to be blood trapped there..
Yes, that's what I meant. If the blood is trapped you need to force it out.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:07 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Hey davidjx. I do not think your inner foreskin has folded up on itself. Sounds more like paraphimosis to me: your frenulum is swollen -- you mention that it looks like "fluid" and that is exactly how my frenulum looks when it becomes swollen if I keep my foreskin retracted for hours. You need to push your foreskin forward over the head of your penis. Take a warm bath, soak in it for a while and try to push your foreskin forward gently. Do this while your penis is flaccid. You might need to use some lubrication to help it slide forwards; even spit would help. If I am right, the swelling will disappear and you will be ok within 24 hours. If this does not work, you should see a doctor (a general practitioner or MD).

I was reluctant to answer this post because you have been given several different pieces of advice and I did not want to add to the confusion. But I repeat: I think your problem is that your frenulum is swollen because you did not push your foreskin forward after having sex.

Old 02-03-2004, 06:59 AM   #11

davidjx HB User

Fles, I think you are right.. I did not push my foreskin back after having sex.

I tried to follow everyone's advice here, which is basically try and push the foreskin back ontop of the penis head. This isn't working because the frenulum is swollen and basically makes the foreskin go back by it self.

The swollen frenulum was getting bigger the first two-three days and it was what got me really worried. It seems to have became a bit smaller and healing now though I think or atleast stop becoming bigger.

Btw thanks for all the help guys.. i am just really worried!

Old 02-03-2004, 08:42 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

Fles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB UserFles HB User

Davidjx, if you are not going to seek medical help, I suggest you soak your penis as much as possible in a warm bath (15 minutes at least). Keep trying to push the foreskin to its normal position (i.e., covering the penis head), as this position is the only thing I know that will help the swelling of the frenulum to go down. Best wishes.

Old 02-05-2004, 09:24 AM   #13

davidjx HB User

Everything is finally OK now. I am just really glad it is over. Thanks for everyone on this messageboard for their help!!

The problem was that the skin on the bottom of penis head has folded on it self and then swollened and that is why the foreskin wouldn't go back in place. I just unfolded it and the the foreskin went back into it's orginal position. I can't see the swollen area anymore so I would imagine it would go away on it's own since it's back to normal.

There's only a small problem, it is when I pee, the pee goes crazy and out of control sometimes and I can't aim. That isn't that big of a problem since i always wash my hands though.

After this incident, I am still worried about having sex with my lover. I seem to have problems sticking my penis into her vagina.. it was a lot harder than imagined. Maybe our position is bad.. but we are both almost like virgin (i guess not after last time) and she said her vagina hole is smaller than usual that is why it is harder. Is there any tips on how I can stick my penis in easier??..

Old 02-05-2004, 11:41 AM   #14
Veteran
(male)

sdp HB User

Glad you got it taken care of. I figured it was the foreskin folding on itself. In the future, make sure you unfold/unroll the foreskin properly. I don't think the swelling was because of the foreskin folding up on itself. I think it was because of the stretching and stress of the penetration during the act. In your last post, yu just said it was hard to get in and the vagina was very tight. Try to get a hold of some lube like Astroglide, KY or something like that. Penetration will be much easier and you will have less stress on your forskin.

Old 02-05-2004, 04:20 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

Yeah, davidjx. I am glad your problem is solved too. Make sure that both your partner and your penis are well lubricated.

To SDP: My apologies. You were right.

Closed Thread